Day 2 with oral inflation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arew+4

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So the shrader valve on my bc bit the dust on dive one yesterday day. I am a cheap bastard with late 80's bc with an odd size hose. So after day 2 without power inflation I'm thinking about stopping by the Smithsonian on the way home and seeing if they have an old horse collar bc they are not going to be displaying anytime soon.:wink:

I try to spend a portion of every dive using oral inflation and with my mask off.

Oral inflation is good practice, makes one think ahead about buoyancy, and no mask keeps me from associating lack 'o' mask with an emergency.

Tobin

A standard power inflator plus a new hose would be $31 from Dive Gear Express. You can't replace your odd size hose with a "normal" one?

Plan on looking into it when we get home, slaker wife and squids only wanted to do three days of diving this week so we're done for now.

Pull a tire valve out of a nearby car and replace it, it should fit.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom