Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm currently a Divemaster in Honduras, working as a dive guide, but I eventually want to move into sidemount and cavern and am curious what gear is best suited for starting. I have the Zeagle Zena right now, and really enjoy it, and have a scuba pro mk250 evo.. Would I need to buy two new regulators, or could I modify the one I have for sidemount? Any other tips, advice, or considerations welcome!

Happy diving :)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I moved this thread into the cave diving forum.

your zena will not work for sidemount without heavy modifications, much better to purchase a dedicated rig.

Your regulator will be fine though will likely have to be converted to DIN, acquire a second first stage/spg, and get appropriate hose lengths. Not sure what the mk250 evo is, but all scubapros will be perfectly fine for sidemount cave diving. Some more ideal than others

Why do you want to dive sidemount?

It seems like a bunch of people want to start technical diving in sidemount but many lack a reason.

Good luck. I'm confused as well. These questions are best answered by an instructor and not the internet. I dive what is best for the dive I will be making.

Why do you want to dive sidemount? It seems like a bunch of people want to start technical diving in sidemount but many lack a reason.

Why not? What reasons other divers have for diving twinsets?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom