Buoyancy Compensation Preference

What type of PRIMARY buoyancy compensatro are you currently diving?

• Jacket Style

Votes: 51 22.2%
  • Back Inflation Style

Votes: 73 31.7%
  • Hybrid Jacke/Back Inflation Style

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Back Plate and Wing Rig

Votes: 91 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What type of primary buoyancy compensator are you currently diving?

Jacket Style BC

Back Inflation Style BC

Hybrid Jacket/Back Inflate BC

Back Plate and Wing Rig

I like the BP/W because of the ease of fitting and the versatility. I'm short and stocky. Most things do not fit me well off the shelf.

None of the above. I use a vest. I tried a jacket, but I found the sleeves kept getting in the way.

D*mnit Kracken,

Where is the option poodle for rec and Hog for Tec??

BTW has anyone seen the so cal diving group that use backplate without wings? Im going to have to do a search for the link.

I had given up the back plate for single tanks... they are not comfortable enough... at least until I tried the Deep Sea Supply's Kydex backplate. What an awesome set up! I liked their steel back plate, but it made me way over weighted with an HP 120 steel tank.

I did the final dives for my cavern class in it, and bouyancy, trim and stability were spot on. I had actually put it on just for a test and was going to don my doubles for the rest of the class... nope! This was just way too comfy. The only problem was not wanting to take it off! :D

I used to dive a jacket style BC. I am currently diving with a Dive-Rite Transpac II and I love it. I'll never go back to a jacket.

Walter:
None of the above. I use a vest. I tried a jacket, but I found the sleeves kept getting in the way.
Ever heard of scissors? :eyebrow:

Backplate and wing -- I would never go back to a jacket.

Kimber

I have a SS DR plate for duals and a home made SS flat plate for singles.
Both have the same custom harness.

What ever happend to the plastic Vons bag??? Just fill it up with my reg and hold it one hand........

I have a Black Diamond (back inflate), this weekend a dove an old Seatec SC200 jacket style and my trim was better than my back inflate wtf????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom