Cheapest watch with depth gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread... I had the same question.. but I found no answers here... the triple sensor from casio I found has not depth meter.. altimeter, barometer, temperature, compass... I wonder why there is such a gap in technology... citizen did it in the nineties.. then nothing.. only mares,suunto,scubapro and other diving oriented companies.. is that possible?

Interesting thread... I had the same question.. but I found no answers here... the triple sensor from casio I found has not depth meter.. altimeter, barometer, temperature, compass... I wonder why there is such a gap in technology... citizen did it in the nineties.. then nothing.. only mares,suunto,scubapro and other diving oriented companies.. is that possible?
I think he meant Casio SPF100 instead triple sensor. I have a SPF100 for 15 years+. I took the watch to the official service center once in few years to have battery replaced and water pressure test. I am not sure if this model is still in production or not.
One small problem is it cannot show depth when exceeds 80 meters.

I used a cheap pink Swatch back in the 90s and had an analog depth gauge. Worked fine and never had an issue. Dove tables for several years when I first got certified.

I would stay away from the Citizen Promaster - the bands fall apart - not a good thing on a dive and, for what they cost you can go out and get a decent dive computer with depth, time, Deco... for the same or less.

Uwatec bottom timer on a bungee on my right wrist. I can only say I really didn't want a watch ( no matter how cheap ) because if they lose one lil pin - they are gone. I think it's strange how there seems to be no market for a nice watch w/ depth though...it's odd ? I would imagine there would be a manufacturer out there happy to fill this market?

Uwatec bottom timer on a bungee on my right wrist. I can only say I really didn't want a watch ( no matter how cheap ) because if they lose one lil pin - they are gone. I think it's strange how there seems to be no market for a nice watch w/ depth though...it's odd ? I would imagine there would be a manufacturer out there happy to fill this market?

All you need is one of these to prevent that:

NITROX-17

I have these type bands on both of my watch style computers. They work great.

Loved my digital Citizen Aqua-land except for the beeping if move my arm too fast. Wish they would produce a modern day one without the ascent beeping.

In today's technology you'd think Casio could make a g-shock with all the functions of a scubapro bottom timer with a stop watch for under $200. And not a ridiculous Frogman. Something in the size of my G-Shock Black out.

Citizen - Casio wtf???

Back
Top Bottom