Fish ID slates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm a new diver and trying to find good, quality fish ID slates seems to be harder to find than I expected. Does anyone have a recommendation? I live/dive in Okinawa, so I would need South Pacific slates. Thanks!

If you're a SOFA member, I've seen both large and small fish ID slates at Tsunami Scuba Foster, and at the Dive Locker on Torii Station. If not on SOFA status, try Reef Encounters, HID or MIC 21.

If you're a SOFA member, I've seen both large and small fish ID slates at Tsunami Scuba Foster, and at the Dive Locker on Torii Station. If not on SOFA status, try Reef Encounters, HID or MIC 21.
Thanks, RB. I'll give them a try. I looked at Kadena Marina and they don't have them. Seems to me like a pretty typical item to keep in stock, so I'll check the places you mentioned. Thanks again!

I'm a new diver and trying to find good, quality fish ID slates seems to be harder to find than I expected. Does anyone have a recommendation? I live/dive in Okinawa, so I would need South Pacific slates. Thanks!
Maybe you mean Western Pacific, not South Pacific? Okinawa is nowhere near the South Pacific. Try Franko's map and fish ID guide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom