July 15, Venice Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be coming. I'm pretty sure my son will be also and may have another family coming along as well.

How many tanks do people usually do there?

I will be coming. I'm pretty sure my son will be also and may have another family coming along as well.

I'm bringing two tanks, just in case.

Steph and I would love to join. Definitely interested in Saturday boat dive.

Is there a place or person who can dog sit during the day over in Venice while we dive? Asking for a friend. :wink:

I'm hoping to make it, but will be buddyless... Will there be other solos to buddy-up with or can I tag along with other groups?
Yes, there will be other solos, but by solo, do you mean solo divers or do you mean solos who would like a partner?

I am a solo diver, unless someone needs a partner. I/We will likely not pass 18 fsw

Woot looks like a party in the making.

I've been super busy with work and all so haven't devoted much time to the organization of this trip. Basically I see it as we show up, if you have a pop up shelter to share, it would be much appreciated, bring some food and drinks for your party, more if you want to share. :) And dive dive dive!
Isn't that how it usually worked in the beginning (You don't have to answer that... I know it is...). I have been out of diving since the beginning of October last year.

Alhambra Beach Venice is a fantastic place to get back into my "rote memory skills". It's been a while since I was a solo diver, and it's time to become one again!

If you are Jenny, one steal 80 lasts her the whole day. If you are me... a single steal 100 will get me through 4 hours of "pulling myself around by my hands"...

Think of it this way... How much time does it take for you to breathe a single aluminum 80 at 15 fsw on a very lazy swim back to shore... especially if you walk your way out to a sand bar (from shore) and swim out another 50-100 yards on your back before you drop to that 15 fsw and begin your dive to the north and to the south?

Now, do you want to do it more than once?

I have a 10x10 cover... I did not keep the 30' long table of 3/4" plywood, but I don't think we need it to start all over again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom