Aga Regulator Adjustment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyj224

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
So someone may have brought this up already, but I have the Aga Interspiro mkII. I've switched it to demand mode. The issue is that it breathes really hard, and I overbreathe it easily especially when exerting a lot of energy at depth. Is there a way to adjust the reg so that it breathes more easily? Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm only certified to work on OTS regs, but I'd have to assume the AGA reg can be tuned as well. I've seen one disassembled and they are very simple and easy to work on according to the guy that had it apart in about 30 seconds. I made my OTS reg considerably easier to breathe by cleaning all the parts thoroughly. The old lube seemed pretty stiff and gunky. I applied fresh lube, then hooked to a magnahelic gauge to tweak it to my Zeagle 1st stage which ran a little hotter than 135 psi from the factory.

aga can be adjusted I own 4 you can send it to us for a complete rebuild or just a tune up ....steve

Been many years since I went to a tech school to service AGA masks but there is a specific test kit that you have to use to tweak the second stage as well as a plastic card that is used as a feeler gauge. To do it properly the test kit has a squeeze bulb like a blood pressure kit and an adapter that is needed to do a proper adjustment.

we have all the test gear its actually very extensive test bench equipment , if I remember I paid 2k for it 8 years ago we were the factory rebuild center then ........

Been many years since I went to a tech school to service AGA masks but there is a specific test kit that you have to use to tweak the second stage as well as a plastic card that is used as a feeler gauge. To do it properly the test kit has a squeeze bulb like a blood pressure kit and an adapter that is needed to do a proper adjustment.

This is indeed the case. It sounds like the tolerances in your valve are more than a little off... I've never come close to overbreathing a properly adjusted AGA. The afformentioned test kit annoyingly costs 200$ (though it must cost them 20$ tops to put everything together). With a rebuild kit and the test kit, it's not more then a 20 minute fix, but short of buying both I think your best bet would be to send it off for a service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom