Poseidon Cyklon 300 1st Stage Service Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That post is fantastic, I will see how I go and contact you by PM if need be. Thank you so much Caveeagle and everyone else who replied so far.

I have some old poseidon regs.

I have one first stage that looks like the one named 2950 in your picture, but it is marked 2960. Also has 5lp and 1hp port. From the service manual i deduct it is actually named 3580 (the markings reflect the kit it is sold with jetstream 2nd stages)

I also have one marked Jeatstream, it looks like the 3790/3720 in your picture, it has 4lp and 2hp ports. i deduced it is 3790.

I have 2 with the marking 2960 that looks like the 2960 in your picture, from the service manual i deduced they are 2962, or 3020 if sold in the us. one of them have one pressure spring, the other one have two.

It seems to be a mess with markings and model names all jumbled up. Maybe my notes can be of interest for someone.

@Magnus Lundstedt the part numbers usually corresponded to different regulator set configurations. I.e. if it was sold in the US, sold in Europe, came with Jetstream seconds, Xstream seconds, or Cyklon seconds etc. Just go by what it looks like and you'll be OK

Yes, thats a little bit what i said.

But when i compare what my regulators look like whit the service manual, i get different result than when i compare whit your picture, for example my reg thats looks like your picture 2950 is an 3580(from the service manual) marked 2960.

And here's the chart that was garbled in the middle of that thread.

Attachments

• PoseidonCrossReference.docx
    19.7 KB · Views: 239
Poseidon 3580, marked 2960.

Left side 2 ports marked LP
Right side: upper row, 1LP 1R, lower port marked S.
Pointing stright into the neck, therefore the banjo, HP.

3086920170812000010.jpg
3086920170812000104.jpg
3086920170812000157.jpg
3086920170812000337.jpg

Just as you said,in your first pic you have a 3580 which is part of the 2960/2962 series.
Poseidon has a bizarre practice of numbering regulator SETS, different from the individual part numbers of 1st and 2nd stage regs, and also different depending upon whether they're marketed in the US or abroad.

The correct service kit is #3891 since you have a 2960 and not a 2950.
The picture on the service kit guide above is just like the 2950. The 2950 and 2960 were identical brass and chrome, differing only as to whether they were connected to a Jetstream or a Cyklon. The chart above is misleading since it implies that the 2960, 2950 and 3580 might be different regulator bodies, which they are not inside, even though some have the flats molded into the outside and some do not.. And interestingly, the 2950 column in the table above is listed without the 1368 high pressure o-ring, which it most certainly has (see contents of kit #3422). That o-ring number was supplanted by a new part number, which is why it might be missing. But every reg with Poseidon's "piston" orifice had a 1368 except the old unbalanced 300's. I think at least part of the table is incorrect.

PM me if you need a kit #3891. I can send you or refer you to the relevant pages in the old service manuals, which may or may not clear up the confusion, lol! You're not alone in finding this maddening. I guess it doesn't even make sense if you're Swedish! But your post #12 was correct. Go by the part number stamped on the reg for the 2960, and not by the picture in the table.

I would guess you need kit #3891 for the first reg,
kit #3769 for the second reg (flat bottom) or kit #3872 for Nitrox in EU, and
another #3891 for the third picture.

The only possible error would be if the first reg was not in fact a 2960, but a 2950, in which case you'd need a kit #3881. The difference is immaterial. The two kits are different only inthe presence of two extra orings in the 3891 for ports.
The service kit parts for the internals are identical.

20170811_165344.jpg

By the way, whether your two 2962's have one or two springs is immaterial. Poseidon made manufacturing changes in the springs which necessitated only one (of a NEW design) in later regulators. Just make sure you don't mix up the outer spring with a single spring from your other reg.

Cheers!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom