Where are we on the Atomic Cobalt 2 now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm one of those satisfied customers. I have two Cobalt 2's. I have used several different dive computers and this is by far the most intuitive and easy to read. I've had >100 dives on mine. Mine was an early Cobalt 2. I replaced the keypad at home. Ron R has been very responsive on this site and it has been overall a pleasant experience for me.

I've been using a console computer since 2004

I've been using them since 1991 when I was certified. I currently dive with a Sherwood Wisdom. I probably have over 500 dives on it and never a single issue. I carry a spare one on dive trips and I have had to lend it out numerous times to folks who have a wrist mount with a transmitter that have had problems with the transmitter. It takes me about 3 seconds to check it during a dive. Five seconds if I take my time.

Don't know about the Cobalt 2 but I've had my Cobalt 1 now for 8 years and never an issue and still works great. Easy to use and for us older guys easy to read. I always wanted a wrist with AI and was waiting for Atomic to make one, but Perdix Ai came out and I bought that, now I just take cobalt along as back up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom