Siesta time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Our dive boat won't return till 130ish, by the time we get cleaned up we will be ready to eat! 230p to 3p, we will probably want a great meal in the mid afternoon and make it our dinner but I am worried many will be closed during the early afternoon. What is open or what isn't? Diving is closely followes by food this trip. Tanks Bill

Best shrimp tacos and tortas on the island. Closes at 4pm.

El Sazon del Camaron

Map

Best Mayan BBQ on the island. Poc-chuc, ribs, chicken, chorizo. Closes about 5pm (when food is gone)

Asadero el Billy

Map

Eat Healthy

La Cuisine

Map

Spoil yourself with a lobster and bacon on marble rye (Check lobster season)

Le Chef

Map

Enjoy!

My experience is that almost every place stays open all day to accommodate the cruise ship people. You shouldn't have any problem finding someplace to eat in the mid to late afternoon. That said, I'm don't go down in the summer, so not sure if it is seasonal.

In Puerto Vallarta there were no street tacos at that time but all of the restaurants seemed to be open. In San Miguel I've never had any trouble finding a great place to eat at that time. I've never had a street taco there so maybe I was eating too late.

I can't imagine that San Miguel wouldn't cater to the schedule of divers.

Street taco?? Otates, seems like they are always open. Cheap, good, around the corner from my B&B. 3 gringas & horchata...good to go...why am I not there diving/eating right now???...geez I wanna go diving...waaaaaaa....:):bounce::bounce::bounce:

You'll find almost all of restaurants open - but Taqueria's usually don't open until 6:00 or 7:00 - Los Otates is the exception to that - they are open from 11am until 3am :)

Others off the top of my head are:
Camilos
El Sazon de Camaron
Burritos Gorditos
King Burrito
Le Chef
La Choza
La Perlita
El Cocktelito
Chilangos
Lobster Shack

And a dozen or two more that I can't hink of ight now - there are a lot of Loncherias too. You will be fine :)

Last edited:
You'll find almost all of restaurants open - but Taqueria's usually don't open until 6:00 or 7:00 - Los Otates is the exception to that - they are open from 11am until 3am :)

Others off the top of my head are:
[...]
La Perla
[...]
La Perlita, maybe? I still think of Blue Angel as La Perla. :D

On 25 between 3 & 5 there are 2 open air loncherias : Las Palmas and the orange one... Las Flamitas (?) Anyway, they are both open for lunch and close down by suppertime. This is local food, not a "tourist" menu. Good & inexpensive. Also Albino's Seafood restaurant on 20 between 10 & 12 N is open 1:30-9pm. I just looked that up because they used to close earlier.

Back
Top Bottom