Closed: AL19 pony $60 + shipping- SOLD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So good news and bad news. The bad news is that the hydro sticker had the year scraped off, so it will need a new hydro. So I won't be selling it after all as it isn't worth the bother. The good news for a friend is that I will give it to a friend for free.

I can't update the thread title from my phone, but I will later when I can access a real computer
Isn't the hydro date stamped into the tank?

Isn't the hydro date stamped into the tank?

Here is what has thrown me off. There is a date stamp 04/15 on the tank. The hydro sticker though has the month marked as "6", but the year was unfortunately scraped off. Therefore I assumed that the 4/15 date was the expiration.

Listen everyone, I don't screw anyone over and simply want to deal with people fairly. I have a clean record on ebay (kkoeman) and my reputation is important to me. I want people to be clear as to what they are getting which is why I try to take high res images of everything. If someone is going to get screwed, I'd rather not sell and just take a loss. Not a big deal, first world problems and all.

Here is what has thrown me off. There is a date stamp 04/15 on the tank. The hydro sticker though has the month marked as "6", but the year was unfortunately scraped off. Therefore I assumed that the 4/15 date was the expiration.

Listen everyone, I don't screw anyone over and simply want to deal with people fairly. I have a clean record on ebay (kkoeman) and my reputation is important to me. I want people to be clear as to what they are getting which is why I try to take high res images of everything. If someone is going to get screwed, I'd rather not sell and just take a loss. Not a big deal, first world problems and all.

Sorry @wetb4igetinthewater no big deal. The hydro date is stamped on the cylinder shoulder, below the neck, date and year. For you, seems like 04/15 is correct, good for 5 yrs. The sticker is probably the visual inspection. Generally month and year are punched out, perhaps marked in some other way, good a year.

The hydro is good for 3 more yrs... Hydro is do on 04/2020... So the tank is still worth it ... That's the VIS sticker you're looking at...

Jim...

Last edited:
Sorry @wetb4igetinthewater no big deal. The hydro date is stamped on the cylinder shoulder, below the neck, date and year. For you, seems like 04/15 is correct, good for 5 yrs. The sticker is probably the visual inspection. Generally month and year are punched out, perhaps marked in some other way, good a year.

No, the sticker is from the company that did the hydro. There is only one place in my area that does hydro tests. I'm trying to be as forthcoming as possible. If someone says "hey, that sounds good to me if the shipping is less that X dollars", then I'll go with it. I just don't want them to have any unpleasant surprises.

I have to agree with the others. Looking at your pic it seems the hydro is 4/15 (numbers stamped then looks coated black). 60 is a fair price, esp with a local pickup

Th
No, the sticker is from the company that did the hydro. There is only one place in my area that does hydro tests. I'm trying to be as forthcoming as possible. If someone says "hey, that sounds good to me if the shipping is less that X dollars", then I'll go with it. I just don't want them to have any unpleasant surprises.

They "Have to stamp the hydro date on the neck of the tank.." That's the only thing that matters.. the inside looks okay... Like I said, It's a good deal if I guy could pick it up... That would be the best...

Jim...

Yes. Hydros are stamped into the metal. Stickers are visuals.

Back
Top Bottom