Huish Outdoors acquires Oceanic / Hollis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB News Feed

News You Can Use
Reaction score
SB News Feed A new article has been posted

Huish Outdoors acquires Oceanic / Hollis

site-icon.png

Huish Outdoors LLC is excited to announce our latest acquisition of the Oceanic® and Hollis® brands from American Underwater Products (“AUP”).
Continue reading the Original Article.

Is this good or bad news? I was just about to get my rebreather training using the Hollis Prism 2, but no one at the company returns my calls for information. I hear Hollis rebreathers have been spun off as a separate LLC formed in Wyoming!! What the hell is going on?? Not sure I want to spend any money on this unit. They apparently have gotten all lawyer-ed up. Time to strike off Hollis from the rebreather list?

A mail I got from Hollis:

Hollis Rebreathers LLC is pleased to announce its recent acquisition of the Hollis Rebreather product line from American Underwater Products (AUP).

The company’s team members are excited to begin operations, and will utilize a staged approach to production and service of the Hollis Rebreathers. As of July 15, we will begin shipments of available Prism 2 and Explorer parts. By August 15th, we expect first availability of new Prism 2 units, including factory services for both units as well as information on LSS upgrade services. During this time, available parts will be limited but we expect by August to have complete availability of spare parts for both units. To ensure ease of service, the company has entered into an agreement with Huish Outdoors that will allow Hollis Rebreathers LLC to focus on its core rebreather business while leveraging many of Huish’s worldwide distribution channels and Hollis brand sales representatives, simplifying order processing and servicing.

Every effort to accommodate warranty services will be made, however, in many cases the warranties provided under American Underwater Products will be deemed non-transferrable. In these cases, Hollis Rebreathers LLC will offer substantially discounted service rates, combined with full unit inspections and an opportunity to acquire an extended service package to ensure reliable operation of your Prism 2 rebreather for years to come.

---------------------------

So I'll say go for it!

A mail I got from Hollis:

Hollis Rebreathers LLC is pleased to announce its recent acquisition of the Hollis Rebreather product line from American Underwater Products (AUP).

The company’s team members are excited to begin operations, and will utilize a staged approach to production and service of the Hollis Rebreathers. As of July 15, we will begin shipments of available Prism 2 and Explorer parts. By August 15th, we expect first availability of new Prism 2 units, including factory services for both units as well as information on LSS upgrade services. During this time, available parts will be limited but we expect by August to have complete availability of spare parts for both units. To ensure ease of service, the company has entered into an agreement with Huish Outdoors that will allow Hollis Rebreathers LLC to focus on its core rebreather business while leveraging many of Huish’s worldwide distribution channels and Hollis brand sales representatives, simplifying order processing and servicing.

Every effort to accommodate warranty services will be made, however, in many cases the warranties provided under American Underwater Products will be deemed non-transferrable. In these cases, Hollis Rebreathers LLC will offer substantially discounted service rates, combined with full unit inspections and an opportunity to acquire an extended service package to ensure reliable operation of your Prism 2 rebreather for years to come.

---------------------------

So I'll say go for it!

Good to get more news but not comfortable with their weird business structure, so will write off the Prism 2 as a choice and choose from among the others. I prefer to buy American made, BUT!!

Dont do it yet :)
The P2 is a lovely machine, are u in a hurry to buy a machine soon? Otherwise wait until late august or September and see how it's going with the Hollis.
I'm sure they will stay tuned and still be good

Dont do it yet :)
The P2 is a lovely machine, are u in a hurry to buy a machine soon? Otherwise wait until late august or September and see how it's going with the Hollis.
I'm sure they will stay tuned and still be good

Will do...thanks for the advice.

Bad news if you own any Aeris gear. Oceanic used to support much of it but apparently with the acquisition by Huish, if you have Aeris and need support you are SOL.

Bad news if you own any Aeris gear. Oceanic used to support much of it but apparently with the acquisition by Huish, if you have Aeris and need support you are SOL.

What does it matter? From what I have seen of Aeris gear, it is just re-branded Oceanic gear that sold at a lower price. Your local dive shop should still be able to service them using Oceanic parts.

What the hell is going on??

My guess is that Huish bought the assets (except for the rebreather) of AUP. The rebreather portion was set up as a different company in Wyoming, that has some of the most business friendly laws in the country. I would also assume that AUP will be either left as an empty shell (no assets to speak of) or quietly liquidated. From a business standpoint this makes perfect sense because any liability issues on AUP products or with AUP itself will not be transferred to either Huish or Hollis Rebreather.

Back
Top Bottom