ScubaBoard's greatest gift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBoard has introduced me to some amazing people who have become some of my dearest friends. My life has been greatly enriched by diving with, hosting or being hosted by these people.

I wonder how many other people have made friendships on SB that developed into significant friendships or even lifelong partners "in the real world". I know there was a thread about this a long time ago. Most of the posters in it are gone now so reactivating it would just mean pages of posts that weren't relative.

Currently active on SB are these treasured friends.
Acanthurus
boulderjohn
D_B
Gypsyjim
mselenaous
netdoc
scubajenny
Searcaigh

There are others who are no longer active here. So who have you got to meet? Did you get to dive with them.. become friends.. perhaps even partners? Lets count our blessings.....

I agree BOP. Wouldn't have met you without this forum.

Lets count our blessings.....

Between this part of your OP and the title, I started thinking. Although it is unknowable, I like to think that one of ScubaBoard's greatest gifts is a lot of divers are uninjured because of the debates here. I wish Scubaboard was around when I started diving.

Greatest gift? Knowledge. Without question, that is I think the most widespread. Friendships absolutely are the most meaningful to individuals but overall I think the sharing of information across the planet is Scubaboard's greatest gift. I've dived with a maybe 10 SB members, met a bunch more, and slapped SB stickers on all my tanks to continue meeting them, but none have become real-life friends, unfortunately. I wonder if that says something about me? Probably that I don't get to dive often enough... yeah that's it.

There are so many people around the world that have shared knowledge with me on this site, that I would love to do a world tour so I could visit and buy each one of them a cup of tea, (or their drink of choice). Well that is a nice dream for retirement days!

With the recent thread about communications between board members, one needs to keep to his own and not reach out to others here.

There are so many people around the world that have shared knowledge with me on this site, that I would love to do a world tour so I could visit and buy each one of them a cup of tea, (or their drink of choice). Well that is a nice dream for retirement days!

If you make it to Libya, tea, dates (the edible type) and many Libyan/Middle eastern desserts are on me :)

The Greatest Gift from ScubaBoard WITHOUT A DOUBT is it's members.
I have met THOUSANDS of SB members over the years. That statement is not an exaggeration.
I can honestly say I have met very few that have not been friendly, kind and willing to share with me or others.
My list of long time friends would be HUGE, and I expect it will keep growing for years to come.
:grouphug2:

ScubaBoard has been an amazing gift to me. I have met tons of friends, a few enemies and have gotten to learn from incredible divers. I've gotten a lot of students through SB and almost to a one, they've left as friends.

@JeanL and I have done a fair amount of Diving this last month, I think 15 dives all together.
Yes Blac86 and I have become good friends and dive buddies. He has helped me to reach my first goal of 50 and shown me new dives!! Im so glad to have met him!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom