TSandM -- Lynne Flaherty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started diving around the same time as her. I think that at the time I read everything she ever posted :)
Definitely inspirational.

I relate so much to Lynne's OW class. The buoyancy issues, being very floaty and requiring ridiculous amounts of lead. I also used to ride horses regularly years ago and her saying to herself. "It's less than a saddle" when buying dive gear makes me laugh.

Reactions: D_B
It's been 2 years already.... I'm glad to see Peter picking up the pieces but still so sad when I let myself dwell on it. Tomorrow I'll be leaving her another bottle of wine. This time it will be on a dive that she probably wouldn't have agreed with (a little deep for her taste) but the tradition is important to me and I don't want to miss this date.

Below is a picture of Lynne diving on the Salem Express. I hope to be going there myself soon and Peter shared this picture with me. With his permission I'm sharing it -- and hopefully a little bit of her spirit -- with you.

21035024_10213377588335040_605093487_o.jpg

Reminders of Lynne pop up in my FB "on this day" feed and each one brings back .. fond memories, a smile, a feeling of being thankful for her comments, and a bit of sadness too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom