MK2 Din M26 to US conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncfnp,

Is your MK2 an older model? I ask as I was given to understand that newer MK2s readily accept the SP universal DIN. If it's an older model you may not be so lucky. I may get flamed for this, but I would at least try the MK10 DIN by attaching it to the MK2 and slowly open the tank valve or hook it up to a tank that already has low pressure.

If no joy with your new universal DIN, I think AF Diving Doc has been successful in using a Sherwood DIN in an older MK2.

Uncfnp,

Is your MK2 an older model? I ask as I was given to understand that newer MK2s readily accept the SP universal DIN. If it's an older model you may not be so lucky. I may get flamed for this, but I would at least try the MK10 DIN by attaching it to the MK2 and slowly open the tank valve or hook it up to a tank that already has low pressure.

If no joy with your new universal DIN, I think AF Diving Doc has been successful in using a Sherwood DIN in an older MK2.
Thanks couv. I did give it a try but there was a notable leak. If I put an oring in the goove above the threads it worked but only briefly because the slope on the groove forced the oring up the shaft and would split it. If I had the tools I could probably cut a small edge in the groove to hold the oring in place but I don't have the tools or skill.

Its a new MK2 and the universal is on the way. Will update with fit but thanks to Bob's success I am fairly confident it will work.

If there's anything I can do to help message me, perhaps I can get the part/s you need?
Thanks Simon. Will let you know if this doesn't work.

I have used the "Universal" SP DIN on my MK-2 with success...
Bob. I need to O2 clean the new Din. It looks like only three orings? And the one on the valve side is white. Do you know the material of this oring?

honestly, no I don't. I wish you had asked earlier as I was at a shop last evening where I could have discussed it. There are quite a few guys who use them for deco.....

honestly, no I don't. I wish you had asked earlier as I was at a shop last evening where I could have discussed it. There are quite a few guys who use them for deco.....
Not a problem. I think it might be a polyurethane oring which would be ok to use but since I'm not sure I'll just repalce it.

Done! And it works perfectly. Thanks to all.

BTW best price on Amazon dropped by 10 dollars after I bought mine. :facepalm:Considering buying a spare just to take advantage of the better price. :shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom