Unprofessional

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's pretty much my take-away from the experience, too. Emailed more than once, and finally got one email saying "back ordered."

I can get anything the sell, and I might need, other places.

I had a very similar experience with GG when I ordered their GoPro housing several months ago. After repeated emails, the only way I was able to get a response was by posting on rebreatherworld.com. even then, essentially all I ever got was "your housing is backordered". although, when it did finally come in, he shipped it express at his cost, which showed he at least cared a little.
unless there are no other options, I will not be ordering from them in the future.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?afzfov

What part do you need and could someone make it for you? I made plates for a razor style harness for someone and still have a couple sets but no time to play with them. They only took a few minutes on our waterjet at work. One thing about working in a machine shop is having access to tools that allow me to make things I'd otherwise have to wait on, find, or do without.

Jim-the G2 adjustable buckles (with sown-in harness). My theory is, when you're diving sidemount singles, if you take off the front right dring, then you can put a pocket or holstered Foldspear on that part of the harness without obstructing anything. So I planned to use the G2 thingy to make the right side of the belt interchangeable.

I'm dying to know what razor parts/improvements you came up with though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I didn't come up with them. Another SB member did. He sent me a drawing, cut it, tweaked slots a bit, and recut. Basically they are the hip and shoulder plates. Made them out of 1/8 316 marine stainless and some out of .190 aluminum

It's amazing - even with this thread Jakub is still ignoring attempts to contact him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I received my order from them last week. BTW, is was only 3 days after I placed the order.

You are not the first person that has learned this lesson the hard way. I hate to say it, but I am sure that there will still be more to follow in our footsteps.

Four years later and your statement still rings truth.

An old thread - but I called Jakub on Wednesday - he picked up right away - and answered my " do you have this backplate/ wing combo in stock?" question. I wonder if he, as what sounds like a one man operation, is having some very traditional growing pains with his business ? I would reckon every small dive manufacturer has been through this crucible.

Jakub likes going diving. No one answers the phone when he's gone. Good on him.

Back
Top Bottom