POLL: What was your first dive computer and would you buy it again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic data plus. Wouldnt recommend to my worst enemy. I hated that thing. one button which made it way too hard to operate.

New DC is a Suunto Vyper. Absolutely love it!

Cressi Sub-Edy II. I love the computer, I hate Cressi. Won't buy another computer from them.

The software used to download your dives from the Dive Computer to you home computer is only Windows XP compatible. The company did nothing to update the software to newer versions of Windows. When I upgraded my laptop, the software no longer worked. Made the expensive cost of the cables, etc a waste. I contacted Cressi and they wouldn't do anything about.

You spend a lot of money buy a computer and the cables. You expect that the company you bought it from will continue to support it. It just shows how the company just abandoned it's own product when they discontinued selling it. I'm afraid that if I buy another computer from Cressi, the same thing will happen!

Stay away from Cressi!

Cressi Sub-Edy II. I love the computer, I hate Cressi. Won't buy another computer from them.

The software used to download your dives from the Dive Computer to you home computer is only Windows XP compatible. The company did nothing to update the software to newer versions of Windows. When I upgraded my laptop, the software no longer worked. Made the expensive cost of the cables, etc a waste. I contacted Cressi and they wouldn't do anything about.

You spend a lot of money buy a computer and the cables. You expect that the company you bought it from will continue to support it. It just shows how the company just abandoned it's own product when they discontinued selling it. I'm afraid that if I buy another computer from Cressi, the same thing will happen!

Stay away from Cressi!
Who fault is it, Cressi or Windows?
BTW, I can't down load my Uwatec Aladin for the same reason. But who care!!!

Uwatec Aladin Air Pro. it is a brick, it died years back and I resurrected it just for fun, its going strong again. even logs 10 dives!

How did you resurrect it? My understanding is because they are sealed units, the factory will not repair them? I have two that will not turn on and am hesitating sending them back. One was purchased in 2005 and the other in 2007.

How did you resurrect it? My understanding is because they are sealed units, the factory will not repair them? I have two that will not turn on and am hesitating sending them back. One was purchased in 2005 and the other in 2007.
There are a couple of third party services that will replace the batteries in an Aladin. There are also a number of videos on the internet that demonstrate how to replace them yourself. Use the google and you will find lots of information.

I have no idea what Scubapro's current position is.

SOS DCP Dive Computer. Only dive computer available then. Would I buy it again? We called it the BentOmatic. I would love another one just for historical fun.

There are a couple of third party services that will replace the batteries in an Aladin. There are also a number of videos on the internet that demonstrate how to replace them yourself. Use the google and you will find lots of information.

I have no idea what Scubapro's current position is.

Oh, I see. You just replaced the battery vs. an actual repair. Got it. The Aladin Prime has user replaceable batteries.

My first computer is a US Divers Monitor II. I bought it used in 1994. I still have it. I use it for pool or nasty water. I don't thing they sell it anymore. The battery is not user replaceable. It is glued in with some sort of silicone material. It still works. It's full Deco, no nitrox.
monitor.jpg
I have owned 10 or 12 since then. My favorite 3 are my Atomic Aquatics Cobalt, Oceanic Data Mask, and my Oceanic Geo. I wear all three when diving. One on my chest, one on my wrist and of course my mask is a computer. I almost never look at anything besides my mask. (kinda' hard not to). I like the Cobalt because it is easy to download from. I also have a Pro Plus 2 and a 3, which I keep as a back up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom