Dive computers for small wrists

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another vote for the Oceanic Geo. My wrists are 6" diameter and never had a problem getting a comfortable fit.
Wow! a circumference of nearly 19" ! :wink:

In all seriousness, I thought my wrists were small at just over 7" circumference.

Math schmath- definitely not my jam. Made me think of the 'Man Hands' episode on Seinfeld. Correction: Circumference:)

I agree with the Geo 2.0. I have very small wrists and the band is adjustable for any size. I also love the computer. Not as conservative as the Suunto Mosquito I used to have.

I totally agree!
It's hard to find a good one, I've used Tusa, and the D4i Novo (it has the best colours, and is the most normal sized), but my oceanic duo 2 is my favorite

18034159_10155095371089976_4527313365485760922_n.jpg

Wow! a circumference of nearly 19" ! :wink:

In all seriousness, I thought my wrists were small at just over 7" circumference.

What are you guys doing to me? Talk about competitive. Had to go and measure my wrist, yes it's 6" just about.

I think bungee or velcro are the solution. I get a problem hauling out onto the dive deck when your hand is flat on the deck and your arm is bent back over it at the wrist, then the computer bites into you.

I wear a suunto computer for recreational dives, but usually just a bottom timer. I use bungee on both that and my compass. I can wear them with either my wetsuit or my bulky drysuit. You can easily push it up on forearm. I thin you can see it on my left arm in my profile pic.

I'd like to resurrect this thread to see if anyone has new favorite computers for small wrists. I saw a guy diving with a Deepblu Cosmiq+ and love it - it is programmable from your phone, downloads dives, you can even sync it with uploaded photos to keep track of where the pics and dives were! But what I have read indicates that it's really big for a woman's wrist - and I have a 6" wrist (can't brag about a small waistline so may as well claim the teeny wrist!!).

Do those of you with the Geo still love it? Oceanic Duo? Replaced with something new? And do any of you dive with your computer hanging on your BC instead of on your wrist? I'm wondering if that is a viable option for the Cosmiq.

I toasted my Geo long ago :( but now have Veo 2.0 & 3.0. Face still a bit big for me but needs to be so I can read it. Still using original straps, fit well but overlap is really long and funny looking. I often think to give them a trim but then am reminded that I may need to sell some day.

A Shearwater Teric should do the trick, with either the band or the Narked at 90 bungee adapter, very low profile. I just used mine for its first trip out to Cocos Island last week and loved the display, even with old guy eyes.

Yeah, I guess I have to think about the 'old' eyes too. I've been diving since 2010 and still have the original prescription lenses and my eyes have changed a bit over time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom