PADI Enriched Air Diver time commitment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That 12-15 hours is for the basic OW certification course, not the Enriched Air course. Two totally different courses.
That's what I get for reading in a hurry, hahaha! Can't believe I read that so many times without noticing...

Easy mistake because it is on the PADI enriched air elearning FAQ page when you click the link in some browsers. On safari on my iPad it links to the correct FAQ

It took me about 3 hours including watching all the videos twice.

But it took me another 3 hours to get it linked to the right shop and email. PADI has two emails for me on file and I signed up on one which they sent the receipt to but I had to sign into elearning with the other.

Thanks everyone! We're going to end up taking it here at home as a combination of eLearning and class time at a local dive shop. It will actually be through SDI because that's what our only local shop teaches.

I'm also going to surprise DH with a dive computer for our anniversary :-D

1.5 hrs for reading and the knowledge questions, 30 min for video to rehash what you just read, took the test, analyzed 2 tanks and was allowed to use Nitrox for the rest of the trip. So 2.5 hrs max. They didn't even talk about the tables that came with the book, it is more set your dive computer for the %O2 in your tank for each dive and follow the computer.

I'd guess it depends on the student's mindset and previous knowledge. When I took it, the dive shop made an error and didn't provide us (I and my son) with the course material before we showed up for the class. We still aced the final exam, but we're kinda STEM geeks and had the necessary background from before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom