Cressi Leonardo - multiple dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Tried searching the other threads, but drowning in information :confused:

DH and I are getting Nitrox certified ahead of our upcoming vacation. I wanted to surprise him with a dive computer for our wedding anniversary and have pretty much settled on the Cressi Leonardo for a number of reasons.

My only question is something I saw in one of the Amazon reviews about it only saving data for one dive at a time?

As I understand that, if we're doing a two-tank dive we need to write down the data from our first dive during the SI because it will be written over by the second dive unless you use the cable to download it to your computer? I can't imagine anyone taking their laptop and the cable on a boat so I'm wondering if this is really true. :idk:

Yep, 60 dives recorded. I'm using this computer and like it well enough....buy the upload platform too.

The CL hold information from dives to calculate the bottom times for next dives.
It also hold history of dive until the memory is full, then start to over write older dives.
There are also reviews of this computer on this site, do a search.

Thanks all, I knew someone would know! When there's too much information it's sometimes more confusing than not enough.

I thought it was another post complaining the conservatism of the computer on multi-dives.
RGBM is not everyone favourite cup of tea.

My only question is something I saw in one of the Amazon reviews about it only saving data for one dive at a time?

"No logging features"? -- sounds like what we computer geeks call "operator failure".

Default post-dive screen shows max depth and runtime of the last dive. In order to see earlier dives you have to go into "log" mode.

Not trying to talk you out of it, but if you're going to dive nitrox a lot and use different mixes, you may find the single button less than ideal for changing O2%. Not that 2 buttons would make that much difference I expect...

"No logging features"? -- sounds like what we computer geeks call "operator failure".

That was what I concluded, haha

I used to intake internal IT work orders at a bank and we had a code PEBKAC - "problem exists between keyboard and chair"

Default post-dive screen shows max depth and runtime of the last dive. In order to see earlier dives you have to go into "log" mode.

Not trying to talk you out of it, but if you're going to dive nitrox a lot and use different mixes, you may find the single button less than ideal for changing O2%. Not that 2 buttons would make that much difference I expect...
I found the Giotto to be pretty good - it is a three button computer which certainly makes these changes a lot easier.

Having said that I have now gone for a Perdix AI (for a whole bunch of other reasons) but it is a bit overkill for a lot of people looking for a cheap first DC.

That was what I concluded, haha

I used to intake internal IT work orders at a bank and we had a code PEBKAC - "problem exists between keyboard and chair"

Yep, that too.

I like my leonardo, but I don't dive nitrox so never needed to change O2% on it, nor can tell you how long it keeps the last setting before reverting back to air. Anyway, get the computer + cradle bundle for one of them.

If you buy from leisurepro, give them a call first: they're known to offer extra discounts over the phone.

Back
Top Bottom