ScubaBoard Invasion Central 2018 Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you wanted to do both excursion you would need to stay an extra day.

I believe Dos Ojos is 1 of the cenotes they will use
ENJOY

I guess I could justify an extra day for the whale sharks. Twist my arm a little more Dennis and I will be staying longer than an extra day or two.

@carzad Can we get more info on the Cenote dives I assume that since they are guided dives it will be available to most of the group do you have specifics on cert requirements dive operator gear requirements etc?

I am enthused at the possibility of looking at wet rocks but not cave certified and am hoping that this would be an opportunity to try it out.

@carzad Can we get more info on the Cenote dives I assume that since they are guided dives it will be available to most of the group do you have specifics on cert requirements dive operator gear requirements etc?

I am enthused at the possibility of looking at wet rocks but not cave certified and am hoping that this would be an opportunity to try it out.

The "Double Underground" cenotes excursion
Is for all certified Open Water divers so all members can go.
They are guided dives in cenotes with permanent lines and lights are included.
Last time Roxanne and I did this they had a guide in the front and back of our group.
I seem to remember the max depth at around 45'
The experience of diving the caverns in the Akumal area is just spectacular.

So it is only morning dives, no afternoon at all by the boats?

That is correct. There have been price increases since we were there last and they are set to rise again in 2018.
Afternoon 1 tank boat dives are now $39.50 (USD). In the best interest of the group, since usually around half sit out the afternoon boat dive, we opted to keep unlimited shore diving and drop the afternoon Boat dive. This kept the rate down to just a little more than we paid last time. If you wish, you may still buy extra boat dives during the afternoon.

THERE WILL BE BOATS AVAILABLE IF MEMBERS WANT TO BOAT DIVE IN THE AFTERNOON.

This is the link to my shore dives album which includes photos from a few trips. I do a gear test shore dive at the start of each trip. Because my trips are in Feb there are Eagle Rays around but I doubt there will be any in mid summer.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskG82Mm6

And my updated Hotel Cozumel photo tour album is here. https://flic.kr/s/aHskS8V7Ew

If anyone needs 'local' support I'll be around. I'd be willing to loan a d90 and housing or various lens (8mm, 11-17mm or 105mm micro) or ikelite ports (8" dome, 4" dome, 65mm and 105mm) if anyone would like as well. Hopefully strobes too if I figure out cabling.

I'd love to see it enjoyed and I'll take the days mapping a cenote so it's no hardship loaning it out.

Cameron

Hmmmmm another week of great diving surrounded by some great people at a great price . Already looking forward to it!!!!! Question for the group ???????
I am setting up my airfare watch and wondering what is considered the high and low fares. Thanks

We flew last October for $330pp If airfare gets close to that Id jump on it right now it looks like $500-700+ Im gonna give it some time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom