Drysuit alterations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guruboy

Divemaster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a drysuit where I want the legs shortened. It's a waterproof D6 lite.

Any ideas on the cost of this and who could do it?

DRIS is a Waterproof dealer and they do drysuit repairs/alterations. Failing that, give Gamble Scuba or Superior Drysuit Repair a call- both of them specialize in drysuit repairs.

I'd expect it to run around $150, it's basically a boot replacement and legs/arms are easy alterations. You may be a bit limited on how much material can be removed. I had a Bare XCD2 altered years ago and the most they could do off the legs was 2 or 3" because the leg diameter would no longer match the boot diameter if they took it up any higher.

-B

Steve Gamble, drysuit God, but like what Brandon said, legs shortened is just a boot change, so anyone should be able to do that

I actually just sent my suit to Steve Gamble. First time using him, it has been hit or miss with DRIS.

I sent my suit in to get new boots and to have them look at some wear on the back and it ended up taking more than 2 months to get completed. And when I asked about the 7-10 day turn around I was told they were just really busy, sorry.

After DRIS had my suit for 30 days I sent an email asking what was going on. The boots I wanted were not actually in stock (even though the web site showed them in stock), so my suit just sat on the shelf. Since I asked they said they had no idea when they would be in stock, but they would ship out a size smaller and larger to try on. Cool, lets do it. A week or so later no boots to try, even though they said they had been shipped. They finally showed up at the wrong address and were shipped next day, so they were never actually shipped when they said they were. Get emails saying sorry, I was busy at a show, they were supposed to ship.

Of course the boots do not fit, so I ship them back. So now they have a different boot that might work and ship them out. Not my first choice, but they seem to fit even though they are to big for my jet fins and barely fit into F1's. I say OK and ship them back. I ask about the wear on the back and they basically say just wait until it leaks then deal with it. So great, don't touch that and just try to get some boots on my suit.

So like I said, over 2 months for new boots. I don't even want to guess how long my suit would have sat there if I had not asked about it. I guess I could have followed up on it sooner, but I figured they could handle it. Once I did check on it there were still issues, but at least they were kind of working on it. And it was nice of them to send out boots to try before having them installed.

And there have also been gear orders where some items were wrong and some items were not actually shipped until I wrote an email asking where the rest of my order was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom