Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone,

I live in the Broward County, FL area and am brand new to diving.

Anyone looking for a diving buddy? My husband was going to get verified with me, but he chickened out....

Thanks,

Andrea

Your hubby chickened out? Sheez, usually it's the other way around!

Your hubby chickened out? Sheez, usually it's the other way around!
Agreed,, welcome to the forum...I'm in Charleston South Carolina and my dive buddy is currently in College so I know how you feel...

Welcome, and congrats on your cert.

Welcome:
Worst thing you can do (not that you could really do anything about it...):
Have hubby hang out with other non diving spouses of divers thaty then mutually cross-re-enforce themselves in their non-diving-ways...
The middling way: Work on your hubby... but that makes you just one more spouse working on trying to change the spouse, a club that is way too big and full of headaches... (I am working on one of those right now)
Best thing you can do:
Don't worry about it, enjoy diving.

Hello and Welcome!
My husband likes scuba ok but I'm passionate about it. Keep diving, have fun and he might just want to start tagging along when he sees you coming back safe and filled with enthusiasm re your dives.

I would say don't try to change him, if he changes his mind great! If not you will find buddies to dive with.

dive safe!!

howdy and welcome from your broward county neighbor & congratulations on your certification and finding a whole new world.....

+1 for "don't try to change him. My wife & I took the Dive in a Day and she could not do it. I was hooked. We got home, I signed up for the OW class. She asked if she could join me. I was thrilled. She said she was not going to let her fear kick her a$$! She had that panic in her eyes the first night but after our friends & I were in the deep end I looked and she swam out to the deep end and dropped to the bottom! She came, she saw, she kicked fears a$$! I know I'm more into this than she is but she will go with me from time to time. Give him time.

Back
Top Bottom