Recommendation for liveaboard in thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well to answer your other question the Perdix communication problem with Subsurface is not resolved yet.

By the way you can rent a dive computer on that vessel (Sawasdee FaSai) for about 35.00 for all four days.

Last edited:
If we're going to get another we'd buy not rent but thanks. Someone in chat was saying they can import into SS directly so I'm very confused on that too. Does the petrol exhibit this same issue w/ lower power BT?

Subsurface says it supports the Petrel & Petrel 2. It is the low power BT that does not import from the Perdix.
I think the work-around is get the Perdix downloaded to the Shearwater Site then export the log to Subsurface.
"Do not quote me on this one I do not have a Perdix."

In fact my wife and I dive Suuntos her a Vyper me a Vyper Air we have no issues with 4 dives a day on Nitrox.

Yeah I read that, that person also stated they had to manually add other info after importing the XML file from the shearwood software. I guess dive duration, SAC, surface interval etc. play a big role in if you have issues.

Dave

What is interesting?

They rent Suunto dive computers.

I see. Well hopefully they don't have all divers come up when the first is low on air or when their computer puts them near their NDL.

Some of the LOB insisted computer for every diver!
In Philippines, computer is a must but enforcing it is another matter.

The boat indeed looks very nice but 26 divers is a lot especially during feeding time. I assume they have a good chaser or two for those surface prematurely.
15L tank is available for 300B per day, should be FREE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom