Where do you keep your snorkel?

Where do you keep your snorkel?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my bag in case there's a good snorkelling opportunity off the boat (like with a whale shark 3 years ago! :D). For shore dives or 1 tank boat trips it stays on shore...
Its a snorkel, I use it for snorkelling! :wink:

Last edited:
I have a foldable one, its always in my BC pocket in case I need it. I only dive in the ocean, so I feel like there is always a chance, however slight, that I might need it, even on shore dives, so it stays in my pocket. It was only $20, so the cost of getting one was negligible.

in 10+ years & 100+ dives Ive never used it on a dive, but since its takes little effort to carry it, I might as well do so

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this up again. Its always fun to see strong opinions... can we argue about where your octo "should" be next. or if air 2's are good or bad.
Knife size...

Well, gosh. I free dove for about 5 years before I got SCUBAfied, so I am not as dismissive of that little tool as it seems most people here are. I still enjoy a little snorkeling during surfafe intervals, and I would also be interested in a simple and unobtrusive way to carry a snorkle with my scuba gear.

My snorkel is in snorkeling gear bag, which I don't bring diving. :) If I wanted one I would use a flexible J snorkel, like a Cressi Corsica, and just stuff it in a pocket.

The one time I didn't have one on a shore dive I surely wished I had brought it. Now I keep a fold-up snorkel in a pocket for shore dives. For most boat dives it stays in my gear bag, unless the surface seems rough.

I use an XS Scuba Cargo snorkel rolled up in my right side tech shorts pocket. Never use it while scuba diving but have to carry one when teaching.

I spearfish (free diving) and it's actually a really nice snorkel to use. I have a low profile spearo snorkel that just doesn't get any use anymore.

On tank bands right against wing with two bungee loops. Not a great solution as kelp might rip off, but long hose precludes mask, think it's useful in ocean, and need it for a few DM drills. If you do this, you want mouth and keeper below the bottom bungee so you can pull the whole thing out/off with one hand, or some passing kelp can.... In kelp both above the top bungee would be safer, not sure how easy it is to remove without partially ditching the rig.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom