Who has forgotten they didn't hook up their p-valve before a dive...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha Ha,

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago but my drysuit doesn't have a p valve!

Came up from the second dive with a very wet chest area. Since I always void my bladder before each dive I assumed that the suit developed a leak. Took it to the shop to have the leak fixed only to have them come back and say that they were unable to find a leak!

Ha Ha,

Had a similar problem a few weeks ago but my drysuit doesn't have a p valve!

Came up from the second dive with a very wet chest area. Since I always void my bladder before each dive I assumed that the suit developed a leak. Took it to the shop to have the leak fixed only to have them come back and say that they were unable to find a leak!
Could be a crease in the neck seal allowing a small amount passed in certain circumstances - I know mine did leak a little when I had a slight crease in it and didn't have a lot of air in the suit.

I have, but I have a shutoff on the QD side of the cath to prevent anything bad from happening.. Important to carry a spare other end for surface use though

I've never just not plugged in and started pissing myself mid-dive.

I have both forgotten to plug in (and skipped peeing) and had the plumbing fail (catheter slip off). Neither is super pleasant.

I have, but I have a shutoff on the QD side of the cath to prevent anything bad from happening.. Important to carry a spare other end for surface use though

Mind sharing what QD you have?

Ive never forgot to hook it up - but Ive had the catheter come off....the connection fail....etc. In other words....Ive scrubbed the inside of my old DS a few times....

Back
Top Bottom