Slim fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Gootee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Would the slim fins have enough thrust to do good in a moderate current? I would be using them for snorkeling only and liked to have good compact fin for changing conditions by don't want the full size FF. Thanks!

I have found that my slim Fins are good for swimming workout in calm conditions but I don't think I would want to try them in moderate current.

My preference for a compact fin for snorkeling is the Rip Force. If you add whiskers, they handle currents very well. They were designed for body boarders to get them out through the surf and to gain enough speed to "jump" a wave. They are more $ than the slim Fins but well worth the difference. You can occasionally find a used pair on eBay.

slim fins are definitely NOT scuba fins. I'll use the Rip Force in the pool on scuba, and they might be ok in very calm conditions, but I cannot recommend them. Stick with your Pros

I designed the Slim fin for swim training. Period. We have had customers use them for snokeling. I designed the Slim Fin for swim training. They are the best for that market, small, well designed for kicking excercises.
DSC_0481.jpg

i disagree with bob above. the slim fins are great for snorkeling. period. i did finaly get bob to put the slim fins on his website for snorkeling though. and i hope it helps his sales of the fin. heres my take on it. if you are a woman with not so strong legs or man for that matter the slim fins work great for snorkeling. its beyond me that bob would not listen to his customer feedback on this great product

i wish bob would do two things . one is please mark the fins original versus pro model so people know what they have. they look identical and only way to know is on the box. its possible its written on the fins on the tag. but my quirys to force fin have gone unanswered.. second thing i think force fin would do is to make a fin slightly larger than slim fins and slighty smaller than originals. calling them i guess........original lite or slim fin extra.........but bob wont listen to me unfortunately

Would the slim fins have enough thrust to do good in a moderate current? I would be using them for snorkeling only and liked to have good compact fin for changing conditions by don't want the full size FF. Thanks!
david . my thoughts exactly! yes i have about 8 pairs of slim fin and they will work. if the current is strong u will have to work extra hard though.........i dont want the full size ff either. i wish bob would make a fin between the slim fin and original but he wont listen to me.

slim fins are definitely NOT scuba fins. I'll use the Rip Force in the pool on scuba, and they might be ok in very calm conditions, but I cannot recommend them. Stick with your Pros
i would also recommend the originals. i found the pros to stiff for me but thats personal preference.

david . my thoughts exactly! yes i have about 8 pairs of slim fin and they will work. if the current is strong u will have to work extra hard though.........i dont want the full size ff either. i wish bob would make a fin between the slim fin and original but he wont listen to me.
No problem, send me around $100,000. No one has any idea the cost to make a Force Fin...I will not bore you.

bob. i dont expect u to reveal your manufacture process.. but i think the black goo goes in a form and then is cured. that is my guess...........so heres how u can make an original lite. (original with a smaller footprint.) you on the form on the edges have another tiny form that fits in. then u put the black goo in the form and wala out comes a slightly smaller original . which by the way u could then make the rubber a bit more flexy too. then u dont have to make a new form for 100k.....i just really think thier is a market out with women and men with weak legs. for an original that has just a tiny bit less force fin to it...........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom