California diver finally delurking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GenericDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone, I've been reading scubaboard since before I decided to get certified (almost 2 years ago), but haven't signed up until now. I've learned so much from you guys and just want to say thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you, Richard. Besides from 2 days on vacation in Greece, all my dives have been in CA, between Monterey and the (northern) channel islands. Both DH and I hate traveling! (Going to Greece wasn't our idea either.)

With wonderful marine life to see and kelp forests & deep reef pinnacles to explore, but also be aware & thankful that we California Divers are so fortunate to have the only two Recompression Chambers in the US standing-by 24/7 solely for the treatment of civilian recreational diving accidents:

Last edited:
Monterey has more than a lifetime's value of diving. If you have no desire to travel, you won't have to!
Loved diving the kelp forrest there

I'm right in between Monterey and Santa Barbara so it's quite a bit of driving in either direction, so mostly I just dive Morro Bay. Not a big fan of all the silt there though. Every time we go elsewhere I'm struck at how much more colorful everything else w/o a layer of silt over it! Good to know about the 2 dedicated chambers. I've only heard of the Catalina one.

RJYruegas, what are your favorite dives in Santa Barbara. I've only been to Refugio, and only 3-4 times. Only once was the visibility over 10'. Do you have any tips on what to look for in the forecast?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom