looking for a buddy, S Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John, any continued interest ? Haven't heard from you, so I'm assuming you didn't receive my PM

Get in touch with Dan's Dive Shop in St Catherines - they have an active group of divers and you're pretty close to them. They might be able to set you up with a charter or some dive buddies.

Slight change in plans . Due to recent events, I've decided to try to stay and dive ( if I can ) around the Toronto / Hamilton areas . St Lawrence area is just a bit long of a drive . Anybody around Hamilton / Toronto that would like to dive and knows the sites ? Charters would be great if we can get some numbers, but I know that is unlikely

Greetings,

Not a lot of diving in Toronto. There is some stuff at Humber Bay. I'd typically go 2 to 4 hours (east, west or north) to find good diving.

My dive club is in the east end of Toronto (www.suci.ca). If you go to the website, they have a calendar of events. I've been as far east as Morrisburg, ON. Seaway Valley Divers had a pig roast a few weeks ago. So we joined them. There is a lot around Belleville or Kingston. I think the only charters that go to the wrecks near Belleville however are out of Kingston.

Lot of diving around Brockville, Rockport, etc. We also did a drift dive in the St. Clair River. That was Sarnia, ON (3 hours west of Toronto). This weekend we are diving the Niagara River. Next weekend we are going 3 hours north to Parry Sound. Last weekend we had someone from OUE join us for the weekend. So I don't think trips are limited to members of the club, provided there is room.

Darrell

Greetings,

Not a lot of diving in Toronto. There is some stuff at Humber Bay. I'd typically go 2 to 4 hours (east, west or north) to find good diving.

My dive club is in the east end of Toronto (www.suci.ca). If you go to the website, they have a calendar of events. I've been as far east as Morrisburg, ON. Seaway Valley Divers had a pig roast a few weeks ago. So we joined them. There is a lot around Belleville or Kingston. I think the only charters that go to the wrecks near Belleville however are out of Kingston.

Lot of diving around Brockville, Rockport, etc. We also did a drift dive in the St. Clair River. That was Sarnia, ON (3 hours west of Toronto). This weekend we are diving the Niagara River. Next weekend we are going 3 hours north to Parry Sound. Last weekend we had someone from OUE join us for the weekend. So I don't think trips are limited to members of the club, provided there is room.

Darrell
Thanks for the info. Umhlangan, I talked to Dan's dive shop. They had a charter, but my Tobermory trip conflicted with their trip . Nothing else going on , according to them . Darrell, I've decided to go to the Kingston area. Couldn't organize anything anywhere else that had any chance of happening. I'll check out the dive club website, are you anywhere near Kingston / interested diving that week ?

Darrell, I've decided to go to the Kingston area. Couldn't organize anything anywhere else that had any chance of happening. I'll check out the dive club website, are you anywhere near Kingston / interested diving that week ?

I live in the east end of Toronto (Kennedy and 401 area) but I'm happy to drive to Kingston or even Brockville. This weekend I'm going to Parry Sound and the next weekend I'm going to Port Credit Boat Show. I don't have anything planned for the first three weekends in September (2-3, 9-10, 16-17).

I could try Helen at Abucs. They have a Kingston location or are you okay with going to Brockville? Which weekend do you want to go diving?

I won't mind trying the Muscallonge, out near Brockville. I was there two weeks ago; we got hit by a squall and had to cancel the dive. I haven't been on anything in the Kingston area for 4 years. So that would be nice to dive again.

Helen is a good choice cause if she can't get you out in Kingston due to weather or what not then off to Brockville sites with not too much interruption to your day.

Thanks for the info. Umhlangan, I talked to Dan's dive shop. They had a charter, but my Tobermory trip conflicted with their trip . Nothing else going on , according to them . Darrell, I've decided to go to the Kingston area. Couldn't organize anything anywhere else that had any chance of happening. I'll check out the dive club website, are you anywhere near Kingston / interested diving that week ?
Darrell, had a look at the website, their trip to Tobermory ends the day before ours starts. If you are on it, i might run into you there . Nothing else set up for S
ept 3-8
I live in the east end of Toronto (Kennedy and 401 area) but I'm happy to drive to Kingston or even Brockville. This weekend I'm going to Parry Sound and the next weekend I'm going to Port Credit Boat Show. I don't have anything planned for the first three weekends in September (2-3, 9-10, 16-17).

I could try Helen at Abucs. They have a Kingston location or are you okay with going to Brockville? Which weekend do you want to go diving?

I won't mind trying the Muscallonge, out near Brockville. I was there two weeks ago; we got hit by a squall and had to cancel the dive. I haven't been on anything in the Kingston area for 4 years. So that would be nice to dive again.

Darrell, this is the issue. My Tobermory trip ends Sept 2, drive to kingston on the 3rd., looking to dive from the 4th to 8th. The 4th's a Monday . Looks like you dive weekends as I do ( at home ). Kingston to Brockville is an hour north, but I assume you'd be working during the week anyway.

Helen is a good choice cause if she can't get you out in Kingston due to weather or what not then off to Brockville sites with not too much interruption to your day.
Jimmy, thanks for the info. I just sent Helen an e-mail

Darrell, had a look at the website, their trip to Tobermory ends the day before ours starts. If you are on it, i might run into you there . Nothing else set up for S
ept 3-8
ept 3-8
Darrell, this is the issue. My Tobermory trip ends Sept 2, drive to kingston on the 3rd., looking to dive from the 4th to 8th. The 4th's a Monday . Looks like you dive weekends as I do ( at home ). Kingston to Brockville is an hour north, but I assume you'd be working during the week anyway.
Darell, I just sent Helen an email , thanks for the info, see what happens .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom