Apeks TX-50 Parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

serrada

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi All, I just had my regulator service and the tech told me there are 2 pin sized holes in the second stage Diaphragm. He said that the part is no longer available from the manufacturer. Any idea where i could get a Diaphragm?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Colin

you can probably use the diaphragm from a myriad of other regulators that were copied from that design. HOG D1 would probably be my first guess for it though I suspect the diaphragms haven't changed for the ATX and XTX series

Thank you for the input. The tech is telling me the TX series is bigger than any of the other diaphragms. ATX and XTX are still available.

Did you try calling DRIS also? I was able to buy 2 last year, so I am surprised that they would be no longer available. The TX100 which shares the same diaphragm is also used by SAR/Military as a bailout for the drager FFM which should ensure availability.

I can check if the hog classic has the same size diaphragm when i get home, but my recollection is that it is slightly smaller than the tx50

Check British sellers on Ebay. That should do the trick.

Good advice.

Thank you!

Yes the T and TX 2nds are bigger.
I do know that the US Divers and older AquaLung faceplates are interchangeable with your Apeks and will have a similar diameter diaphragm, Something like the Cousteau, SE4, Calypso, Glacia will almost certainly be a subsitute.

There's a ton of those regs out there I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get one, question I guess is just from where and how much. I'll do some searching over here.

Thank you for the input. The tech is telling me the TX series is bigger than any of the other diaphragms. ATX and XTX are still available.
I believe both ATX and XTX use AP5803 while TX50 uses AP2023(bigger).

Back
Top Bottom