Video lights, most lumen/$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axel_HG

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, need some video lights for a gopro setup. Been looking at Archon D32VR, but lack experience in this field. I am going for two video lights with the most lumen/$. Open for suggestions!

Do you have any experience with the D32VR or something eqvivelant? Can go for something more expensive then the D32VR if it is worthy of the extra cash.

I personally use two L&M Sola 1200s for my go pro setup, but if you are looking for something more budget friendly check out the lights from Big Blue.

I haven't tried them personally, but have seen them at DEMA, and hear good reviews from friends that have them. They would also definitely give you more lumens/$ than my setup.

I would recommend a pair of VL3500P bigblue lights. If you roll a lot of video, essentially need more than 1 hr of continuous light at full power, then you are going to need at least 2 spare batteries. The bigblue lights can be set to lower output. The on-off button and power cycle system is not the best, but it works.

I have 4 of these lights and they work really well with GoPro. I see you are in Europe, Hugyfot has awesome GoPro housings. I can assure you they are the best. The good thing about the housings is that they are built like a tank, and will power your GoPro for hours and hours till the cows come home.

In closing, I would say that LandonL's suggestion is the best option. I love my Light in motion SOLA lights, those are in a league of their own.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ricardo

I have a pair of i-Torch Pro6+ on my GoPro rig. 2800 lumen each, plus a few other fun settings (red, and UV). Mine shipped with two removable batteries with each light and charger (USB only). Been very happy with them. Nice wide even beam. I get about 45-60 mins at full power depending on water temps. Just over $400 USD each.

I personally use two L&M Sola 1200s for my go pro setup, but if you are looking for something more budget friendly check out the lights from Big Blue.

I haven't tried them personally, but have seen them at DEMA, and hear good reviews from friends that have them. They would also definitely give you more lumens/$ than my setup.

I prefer my Big Blue lights over my SOLAs. I was originally attracted to them from another colleague that also does deep videography. My avatar photo (<--) is me using my VL7500P at 110m on a fish survey, and it's survived many dives in that range. Great value, lots of lumens! I highly recommend.

See you at DEMA @LandonL ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom