Sea Dragon 1500 battery case wont open

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bappelt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a sea dragon 1500 light today. The case was hard to open to put the battery in but it opened. Now after testing that it worked, I can't get it back open to fully charge the battery.

Any suggestions for getting it open?

If I recall, I had a similar problem with my Sea Dragon light. The problem for me seemed to be that I just couldn't get a good enough grip to twist it off. What ended up working for me was one of the round rubber jar lid grips. It still wasn't easy but, it gave me a good enough grip to twist it off without damaging the end cap.

Once you get it off, inspect the O-rings to make sure they aren't damaged. If they're okay, put a small amount of silicon lubricant on the O-rings. Just enough to make them look wet (no gobs). It could be that the person who assembled it at the factory neglected to put silicon on the O-rings. Lack of the silicon lubricant will cause the O-rings to stick to the cap making it difficult to remove. If the O-rings are damaged, replace them. The light should have come from the manufacturer with a spare set of O-rings.

Thanks. My husband was able to open it similar to you. When I took the O-rings off, they were a little tacky. I cleaned and put silicone on them and hopefully that will take care of it.

I have just received the same light. I will follow the advice.
Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom