Single Tank Dive Resorts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Does anyone know of places in the Caribbean with single tank diving other than Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan? Not just single afternoon dives, but places where all their dives are single tank, not double tank.

I went to Roatan last year with my husband, mother-in-law, and 4-month old baby, and it was really convenient because we took turns diving and babysitting, and each of us (other than the baby =)) got to do 2 dives a day, from the 3 single tank dives a day offered. I'm looking for a place where we can do something similar. Thanks.

Serafina

Does anyone know of places in the Caribbean with single tank diving other than Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan? Not just single afternoon dives, but places where all their dives are single tank, not double tank.

I went to Roatan last year with my husband, mother-in-law, and 4-month old baby, and it was really convenient because we took turns diving and babysitting, and each of us (other than the baby =)) got to do 2 dives a day, from the 3 single tank dives a day offered. I'm looking for a place where we can do something similar. Thanks.

Serafina
Baby don't dive? What's up with that?

Bonaire. Whenever and often as you like!

The baby was not allowed to dive due to excess alcohol consumption : - )

And yes, Bonaire is the place.

If I remember correctly, the dive shop we used in Ambergris Caye, Belize returned to the shop between dives (Chuck & Robbie's).

Just curious - who does SINGLE TANK BOAT dives mornings on Bonaire?

Since they need to alternate, the 1 tank PM dives mean they'd get 3-4 dives total per week.

It doesn't sound like they want to solo although at some of the busier dive resorts finding a insta-buddy for the house reef wouldn't be too difficult.

I'm assuming M-i-L doesn't dive - if she does, you could alternate 2 dives/one dive with her as either person's buddy daily and get about the same dives weekly. Or take advantage of the house reefs - there's about 5-6 on the north side (resort row) that are 5mins. apart or less (with a vehicle) - all named dives. A couple can be accessed from different ends of the same resort. Obviously all pretty similar but there is a vertical wall or two wrecks as options.

Last edited:
We did a 10:00 am 1 tank with buddy dive, thought I had signed up for two tank. That was the only boat dive we did in 10 days

We did a 10:00 am 1 tank with buddy dive, thought I had signed up for two tank. That was the only boat dive we did in 10 days
That was a fluke because all their morning dives are 2-tank - listed in all the boat details here:

Boat diving Bonaire - Buddy Dive Resort

We did a 1 tank with Toucan once - it was late morning IIRC. Just us and another couple, our signing up made the boat go. The next day we were back on the 2-tank schedule, the previous was probably a slow day - might've been a Saturday - historically the day most travel.

Last edited:
Akumal

Belize. San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, surface intervals are ashore as the local reef is 10 min away. Might need the house near the dock though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom