Free Speech and Moderation: from Filmmaker Rob Stewart dies off Alligator Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Ben

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
By last count there are 86 pages consisting of 854 posts above me. Looks like I am the 855th post! It has taken me awhile to go through them. I am not a CCR diver, yet. I have been actively diving for over 30 years and have considered getting CCR certified and learning a whole bunch by reading what others are posting. Whomever controls this SB...please do not remove posts containing important information. Surely you can resist the pleas from some who think this thread ought to dissapear. Don't become a Google/Facebook censor. Thank you! Long live Free Speech.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This was split from Filmmaker Rob Stewart dies off Alligator Reef -The Chairman

Whomever controls this SB...please do not remove posts containing important information. Surely you can resist the pleas from some who think this thread ought to dissapear. Don't become a Google/Facebook censor. Thank you! Long live Free Speech.

What makes you think that has happened?

We don't remove posts containing important information wherever possible. We do remove attacks and off topic BS which is what was done in this thread.

Last edited:
Because the MOD POST I saw in red said they did. So lets ask the MOD just how many posts they did delete. Are you a MOD?
He is, and I am. Off topic posts that do not add to the conversation are removed. The special rules are posted in the front of the forum, and are followed to prevent threads like this from becoming a poop-show. I promise, threads of substance are not removed.

Edit: Many of the posts removed were mine. I am particularly close to the investigation, and when someone posted personal attacks or speculation, I responded. I also understand that my posts were outside of the special rules, and I don't have a complaint. Neither should you.

Yea like they said. Posts of any value are not removed, posts that are inflammatory, attacks etc are removed.

However they are never completely deleted, they are just hidden from public view. All moderators are able to see them. This is one way the moderators ensure that moderation mistakes are not made, or at least can be reversed.

Everyone participating here should read the rules of this forum.

He is, and I am. Off topic posts that do not add to the conversation are removed. The special rules are posted in the front of the forum, and are followed to prevent threads like this from becoming a poop-show. I promise, threads of substance are not removed.

Edit: Many of the posts removed were mine. I am particularly close to the investigation, and when someone posted personal attacks or speculation, I responded. I also understand that my posts were outside of the special rules, and I don't have a complaint. Neither should you.

"Neither should you"...what is that supposed to mean? And your someone real special by being "close to the investigation"?? Your admitting a bias here, and seems like you should recuse yourself from being a unbiased moderator and fully disclose your role in the investigation. You admitted the rules did not apply to you, so thanks for some honesty. Not sure what your real role is on this SB, but it sure reeks of bias and I am not sorry to tell you what I think. If I get banned from this SB for speaking my mind, I will know that SB censors free speech.

More likely you'll "know" other people may think you are contributing little and sound like an ass... :)

Hey MODs...are you going to remove goofy Jack's statement as "off topic" and inflammatory? I haven't seen anything of substance contributed by Jack to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom