BEST BC TO Put On when attached to the Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1buzz

Registered
Reaction score
I have had hard time putting on my BC in a boat when the BC is attached to the Tank. I put it on like I was putting on a coat---the left first & then the right next but I can't get the right side on with out help from somebody else. I have an old BC. Do they make BC's now that are easier to put on that all you is click it on somehow?

The majority of the current BC designs have buckles on the straps. So you could just unbuckle, pull the top straps over your shoulders and rebuckle. For example: Cressi Travelight BCD

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum

Where is the appropriate forum that you moved it too.?
The one it is in now--the one you just posted in--BCs and weight systems. Just keep going with it.

The forum you posted your question in originally is for issues related to the running of ScubaBoard.

That is just one example, it was the first I found with a clear shot of the buckles . Almost all of them have that buckle system, so you shouldn't have issues shopping around for one that meets your needs.

I'll be the first. Look at a backplate and wing with a single piece webbing harness. The webbing is usually rigid enough that you don't have to chicken wing to get in and out of them since the straps hold themselves up

Although against my better judgement I have to agree with tbone. Note that there is a technique - put both arms in as far as your elbows first before moving the straps up over your shoulders. Personally, I prefer single piece harnesses as actually less faff than buckles or adjusters. That may be just that the heavy steel adjusters which a bpw harness will typically have are not actually as good as a lighter plastic one such as a bcd has.

One a one piece harness is right it is like a favourite pair of shoes.

I have a Zeagle Brigade. I am not very flexible and have a hard time getting my arms in my BC as well. I have tried leaving one shoulder strap unbuckled but the top strap often falls behind my back and I can't reach it. What works best for me is to loosen the shoulder straps as much as possible, put my left arm in first just like a jacket. I then lead my right arm with my elbow against my side, pointed straight back. Usually I can do this successfully.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom