Hydro prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinginn

Contributor
Reaction score
I just took two tanks in for hydro,vis and fill and the price was 138.00 dollars, I was wondering what others are paying? I have four more tanks that need a hydro,a set of 72 doubles and two steel low pressure tanks.

Many fire extinguisher companies have their own hydro testing station and some will hydro scuba tanks. I pay $10.00 for a hydro but that does not include a VIP sticker or fill but that I can do myself.

I have a fire ext. company near me,may have to use them next,I can vis my own steel tanks and have access to compressor,I usually get my vis inspections done while in Fla,only 10 dollars at the dive shop I use.

I too get it done at my local fire extinguisher company. I recently had 5 tanks hydroed and they said it would be $20 each but they didn't charge me anything! You can find one here just make sure they do 3AA:

Retester Locations

I retired an aluminum tank because it also now requires a VE which is an additional $10 or so, and when you add that to the $35 or so that a dive shop charges for a hydro and VIP and fill it gets to where it's not worth it. $69 each is outrageous! I hope they tumbled them and serviced the valves and installed a new burst disc for that price.

Steel 72s are considered "LP" so are the other tanks 1800 or something?

I have two Worthington hp tanks,one 108 lp and a worthington 80 cf lp tank. The shop is not a high priced shop normally,I bought a 5mm wet suit for 125 dollars with tax while I was there,I have been paying about 50 dollars for hydro's in the past at the high priced stores.

Took in a HP80 bought used and last hydro of 2010. The shop charged $35. But they outsource the work, so I'm waiting a week (possibly two) until it comes back. Other shops I'm aware in my area charge similar amounts (~$40).

I believe the $35 includes the visual and an air fill.

Locally through a dive shop a hydro is around $50 which includes a visual and fill. This goes for shops that do hydro's in house and those that send them out. I haven't taken them to a hydro shop in a while, but IIRC it was about $20 cheaper than a dive shop.

$17 for a hydro directly at the hydro facility (fire extinguisher/safety place). They do scuba tanks (and other MP vessels) on Fridays, and will do SCUBA when they "have enough" for the setup (I've taken in 4 at a time and they've done them no problem). I do my own vis and unless it needs a tumble, they don't see a shop (I have no patience for tumbling and further cleaning when some shops actually charge a good rate for tumble/clean/valve service)

The shops in the area charge $45+ visual/O2 cleaning (plus a "month minimum" of lead time). With a few dozen tanks, the courses and tools to do your own inspections pay for themselves before the second inspection......

_R

I looked at prices in my area a few months back. Prices ranged from $30 to $80 for hydro/vis/fill. The median price was $55.

The $30 was a hydro facility that would put a vis sticker on your tank. Not all hydro facilities will do that.

I ended up using a shop that would do hydro/vis/fill/ valve service/ o2 clean for $66.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom