Petition to rename Avalon dive park in honor of Dr. Bill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Many know Dr. Bill's been going through some tough times, but he's a Catalina, and especially Avalon dive park, legend. I can't think of a higher honor more deserved by anyone.

Sign the Petition

Hopefully this is OK to post, if not apologies mods :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Chris- you beat me to it!

Done. :)

Last edited:
Signed. But isn't it bad luck to name something in honor of a living person? I'd rather have Dr Bill around than a park named in his honor!

Signed. But isn't it bad luck to name something in honor of a living person? I'd rather have Dr Bill around than a park named in his honor!
I'd not heard that, but we are recognizing him, rather than honoring him, so I hope there is a difference because I agree completely! We thought it would be nice for him to see how much he means to the So Cal diving community.

We are trying to get to 1000 signtures today- please sign and share via your social media accounts if you can.

Thank you all for your help on this. The response is awesome!

We just need a few more to get to 1000 signatures. Who will be #1000?

We have started discussions with officials to see what this will take. The more support we can show from the diving community, the easier that should go. We appreciate everyone that has signed and shared the petition so far!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom