Dive Rite shears and sheath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saboteur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Dive Rite makes a robust looking sheath and shears combo. From pictures I can't figure out how you'd attach it to a BCD. How do those clips work? Are they designed only for use with Dive Rite gear? I have their line cutter and the sheath is well designed, you can put it darn near anywhere.

These shears are awesome. And only $8.

DGX Titanium EMT Shears

This pouch is also awesome and also only $8.

MSM Shear Pouch - MIL-SPEC MONKEY STORE

The pouch can be mounted on just about any waist belt or wherever. It has a clip on the back that can be opened and then fastened around whatever. It is easily big enough to fit around 2" webbing.

the dive rite shear pocket is designed to go on their molle webbing on various other components of their product line. The webbing that the buckles clip over are wide enough for 2" webbing to go through which makes it compatible with standard backplates and wings which should be similar to their line cutter

The loop on the back of the sheath will go onto 2" standard webbing. I put it on the waist belt for my BP/W.

i use cable ties and snug the sheath up high on my shoulder strap. In the unlikely event that I am snagged so thoroughly that I can't reach down to my waist level I can still get to the shears. They are also really handy during surface intervals for snipping loose threads, etc. I have had a number of pairs. One failure point I have had is that the rivet holding the two pieces together can rust out after a few years of salt water exposure. At $8-12 per pair its a great product.

Back
Top Bottom