first timer - is it common doing 4 dives a day in cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you everyone for your comments & advice it was very helpful. being at a beach club on surface intervals sounds so great ! I wouldn't need to rent a car to look around beaches on the island then. I'll definitely check out the operators recommended here.

Tres (3) Pelicanos is the dive op that is a most excellent choice. They really know how to select the best dive sites for the day, simply outstanding. Most professional DMs and they make it fun. Full service, DM handle all your gear, full set up in boat, and wash after dive for next day. The vessel is nice large tonga boat that has a "kickin" smooth Yamaha 350 Hp.

I dove with them Aug. 8th to 13th. Did 5 -2 tank morning dive package which was really enough, unless your a supercharged diver and way full of energy. Call shop ask for Cathy, she will take great care to be sure all customers are set up for dives and just treated right.

The shop is well located on Calle 5 and 1 1/2 blocks off Melgar, so you can stay in the central part of Coz which is great and they transport you to the new marina to launch and return. Its Dive service with the Love!! :thumb:

Call shop ask for Cathy, she will take great care to be sure all customers are set up for dives and just treated right.
Who is Cathy? Do you mean Jeanie, or is that a new nick name for pony.

I have done 2 dives in the morning and 2 dives in the afternoon. It does make for a long day, but the it certainly can be done.

RE: 3 P's question. Jeanie set up my reservation via email, I did not meet her. Cathy is in charge of the daily dive shop operations and works directly with customers. Both are good contacts I would say.

I believe Cathy was helping out when Pony was on vacation.

@500 PSI my apologies. Have not had the pleasure to meet Cathy. Hopefully meet her in December when we go. And Pony deserves a vacation he is a rock star.

Roger that Angel Fish, did not see Pony in August??? Point is that 3 P's is established and knows how to run a dive operation. Maybe next visit I will meet up with this "rock star" unless he is off doing a gig making big bucks??

I would save the 4 or 5 dives a day for a liveaboard rather than Cozumel. I did a few days of 4 dives per day in Cozumel a few years back and ended up pretty exhausted. Make sure you bring plenty of ibuprofen! lol

Scuba Club Cozumel, early morning out of the moon pool, then two dives off the boat and a night dive again out of the moon pool. Early mornings and nights are way different off the resort.

Or two boat dives after breakfast, an afternoon shore dive from the resort, and a night shore dive from the resort. You could even add another shore dive if you can fit it in--the tanks are right there you just need to check them out before 5:00 (I think).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom