Looking for older model Poseidon Atmosphere weights . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigbella

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Poseidon has seen it fit to redesign their weights for the Atmosphere full face mask two or three times since 2000; have changed the attachment method; and have also increased their weight, by about a third, from around .4 to over .6 kilos -- a bit too heavy for comfort, after a few hours.

I am currently looking for a second set of those older model .4 kilo weights, circa 2008 or so, which feature the Atmosphere - Poseidon logo -- with two Allen screws, which offered more flexibility in the mounting of lights, etc . . .

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
IMG_1082.JPG IMG_1084.JPG

After a couple of recent requests, I thought that I'd provide an image or two of the current weight system for the Poseidon Atmosphere FFM with its single Allen screw attachment method.

Not only are these weights heavier than the previous models; but it also made the previous flexibility of mounting, say, small accessory lights all but impossible.

My OTS masks allow for the mounting of any number of accessories, including ballasts; but I still prefer the breathing of the Poseidon . . .

Last edited:
Hi there are you still looking for these weights as I have a pair new?

I am still on the lookout for these older .4 kilo weights, though have since been approached by a couple of folks who had incomplete sets . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom