Filmmaker Rob Stewart dies off Alligator Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting debate between the insiders. Wonder how they would debate now that more info has been revealed?? Have they changed their tune?

Be specific. Else people may construe your post to be a fishing troll.

Interesting debate between the insiders. Wonder how they would debate now that more info has been revealed?? Have they changed their tune?
what more info?

Would you be so kind to post a link to bring us up to speed?

What additional information & what tune?

Be specific. Else people may construe your post to be a fishing troll.
Nope, not that.
what more info?

Would you be so kind to post a link to bring us up to speed?
Sure
What additional information & what tune?
See below. This autopsy report may have been talked about in another thread so if so, my apologies. Decided to post relatively new info in this thread. This autopsy was reported August 8...
Autopsy: Canadian filmmaker Rob Stewart drowned after suffering acute hypoxia and many had some doubts.

However, the Summary and Opinion from the Medical Examiner report was not, so here it is...I would note that the Chairman's strong opinion that it was hypercapnia does not bear out. I am hoping this summary report stirs some healthy medical debate. Perhaps Simon and Doug E will weigh in on the findings first before all the others do, otherwise this small thread will turn into a large mess. I have great interest in this case from the medical perspective.

Attachments

• Rob Stewart autopsy summary report Aug 2017.pdf
    675.1 KB · Views: 167
Nope, not that.

Sure

See below. This autopsy report may have been talked about in another thread so if so, my apologies. Decided to post relatively new info in this thread. This autopsy was reported August 8...
Autopsy: Canadian filmmaker Rob Stewart drowned after suffering acute hypoxia and many had some doubts.

However, the Summary and Opinion from the Medical Examiner report was not, so here it is...I would note that the Chairman's strong opinion that it was hypercapnia does not bear out. I am hoping this summary report stirs some healthy medical debate. Perhaps Simon and Doug E will weigh in on the findings first before all the others do, otherwise this small thread will turn into a large mess. I have great interest in this case from the medical perspective.
I speculated it was hypoxia weeks ago. That doesn't change anything regards Sotis IMHO

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Posts related to discussion of the incident have been moved here to facilitate the discussion. Please note the special rules of this forum.

Go to the broward county court clerks website and read the documents published in regards to the lawsuit with robs wife as well with IANTD. Note the blanks on the iantd incident report forms especially in regards to gases and make your own opinion... too many blanks for my taste...

As did many others.

Please tell us exactly what that means. Seems you have an ax to grind with Mr. Sotis and are quite derogatory. Why not just stick to the discussion of the report as I posted?
what it is you want discussed in the coroners report? You want specific points discussed, you bring them up.

I have been pretty open regards my views on Sotis for quite some time, long before the various events that surrounded Sotis this year. That said, I am at the "wait and see what shakes out" in various legal proceedings, court, USCG report etc. I feel that the boat crew are in a bigger jam than Sotis actually. However suspect that there is plenty of shared factors between three parties, the boat, Sotis and Rob. At the end of the day it only matters what the courts decide , nothing is bringing Rob back

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom