Leaving our aquatic friends alone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow out of the three trips iv made to ccv I have never seen this behavior demonstrated by the DMs at CCV . Haven't seen this by other divers either. But im not saying I don't believe it doesn't happen . But I would be the first person to speak up and say something and likely it wouldn't be subtle either. this avoidance of other divers scares me bit in the sense that we all need to be ambassadors and advocates for the sport and the environment we love so much . We turn a blind eye we might as well be condoning bad behavior that happens under water .

leave no trace- just Bubbles

this avoidance of other divers scares me bit in the sense that we all need to be ambassadors and advocates for the sport and the environment we love so much .

I see your point, but you never know what Pandora's box you might be opening when you risk antagonizing a stranger. It probably won't be a big deal. But if you draw the (bad) winning lottery ticket out of the box of personality disorders, criminals, etc...

My point is, if you're going to confront people, you'd better have the diplomatic skills to handle making the intervention, and deal with the situational awkwardness if they don't change their minds and ways to conform to your views.

Richard.

wow out of the three trips iv made to ccv I have never seen this behavior demonstrated by the DMs at CCV . Haven't seen this by other divers either.

Take 20 seconds and check out this video starting from 5:00 to 5:20. This is typical of the behavior I saw every day over 2 weeks at CCV. Some was way worse but my camera crapped the bed and I had no way to document it.

That video really p*ssed me off.

Looked like he was sticking his bare hand deep into the sand in the tropics. Aside from disturbing stuff, this doesn't seem the brightest thing to do.

Last edited:
Take 20 seconds and check out this video starting from 5:00 to 5:20. This is typical of the behavior I saw every day over 2 weeks at CCV. Some was way worse but my camera crapped the bed and I had no way to document it.

That turtle looked absolutely terrified.

I did not watch the video...cuz I can't watch such things. But if it's as bad as people describe it, perhaps someone should bring it up to CCV management. Was the bad behaviour by a diver/customer or a DM?

I did not watch the video...cuz I can't watch such things. But if it's as bad as people describe it, perhaps someone should bring it up to CCV management. Was the bad behaviour by a diver/customer or a DM?

Both DM and many customers. I did bring it up to management (who denied everything and said they had tons of happy customers - of course. they can do anything the eff they want without consequence - to them) and on TripAdvisor (where it has many helpful votes) - I included the video. I just wish my camera hadn't crapped out. There was much worse than what I captured.

Both DM and many customers. I did bring it up to management (who denied everything and said they had tons of happy customers - of course. they can do anything the eff they want without consequence - to them) and on TripAdvisor (where it has many helpful votes) - I included the video. I just wish my camera hadn't crapped out. There was much worse than what I captured.

That's a real shame. Sometimes you can't control the regular diver but DMs too? Despite my very limited experience, I have never seen any DM disturb the wildlife. And there are so many CCV fanboys/girls. This is very shocking to me.

And I wasn't too impressed with CCV's response on TA either.

That's a real shame. Sometimes you can't control the regular diver but DMs too? Despite my very limited experience, I have never seen any DM disturb the wildlife. M
You should watch some Korean or Chinese groups in the Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom