Zeagle Zena (recommend it or not)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife loves hers. There is a ton of adjustment but custom ordering panel sizes is what I would recommend. Vest, Shoulder, and Front panel should be sized appropriately.

I see that you are in St Thomas. Tri-City Scuba in Kitchener is a Zeagle dealer and I think that they might have a couple Zenas in stock. (The last time I was there, they had one on display.) It may be worth it to drive to Kitchener and talk to Drew. He will be able to discuss the pros & cons of the Zeagle with you and your daughter-in-law.

One of the people I often dive with bought one before her last trip, and I very much got the impression that the only regret she had was that she didn't get one sooner.
Good to know. I usually go to Dan's Dive Shop in St. Catherines.

Good to know. I usually go to Dan's Dive Shop in St. Catherines.
I have only been to Dan's once, and admittedly, I might have caught them on a bad day, but I left there thinking that they were far more interested in selling me what they wanted to sell me. They had little interest in what I actually wanted to buy. Kind of a do it my way or don't do it at all attitude.

I have found that Tri-City is far more interested in cultivating a long term relationship, and so they tend to listen more carefully to what you want, and then guide you to meet your needs (goals). I have actually presented them with a couple options (Should I do this, or should I do that?) and had them tell me that the lower cost option would meet my needs better.

It can't hurt to drop in on them and check them out. The worst that will happen is that you will see a Zena up close and find out if it meets your daughter-in-law's needs.

You must have because I have always gotten great service from them. I will check out Tri-City though as they are closer.

My wife loves her Zena. Our LDS owner fitted her and it quickly became her favorite.

I have a Zena and I really like it. However, I wish I had tried other BCD's before making the final decision. It may not have changed my mind but I bought it when I was newly certified. I took our LDS's recommendation.

What I like: It's light weight and easy to pack. It fit's well. What I don't like: Not enough D-rings, I have to do final strap tightening after I get in the water.

My wife bought one. She liked it at first but the more she dove it the less she liked it. If all you do is purely recreational diving then sure go for it. The fit is pretty good. It isn't a very functional BC though. No pockets, no way to attach much to it. My wife's pull tab for the weight release tore off at some point and she takes good care of it so we aren't too sure what happened to it.

The more we dive the more we're convinced that a BP/Wing is absolutely the way to go. Simple is better.

I definitely wouldn't let buy something without trying it first. She was also looking at the SP Ladyhawk but it is $200 more than the Zena up here, so cost is somewhat of a factor.
Hi I know this is really delayed but I wanted to let you know I had the lady hawk. I had over 300 dives on her before she was stolen. But she is bulky and that’s the reason I’m not getting her again. It was too bulky for travel and diving. I always felt weighted down. But it was reliable.

Back
Top Bottom