2017 Mola Spotting in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bqualls

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Bali soon. How is the Mola spotting this season? Hope it's better than last year...

Let you know over the next week when I find out more... I'm in Lembongan right now and gonna be diving the whole next week starting Monday... No mola mola in Tulamben though where I was the last week:wink: But hey, I saw a whale shark there of all places, a little north of Tulamben on the Kubu wreck reef...

Last edited:
Thanks Richdrogpa.
Best of luck with the molas this week!

Went out today to Crystal Bay and Manta point. First dive, in Crystal, we saw two molas being cleaned at about 100-110 ft depth (we were at 85 ft), not too cold at 72 F being the lowest but below the thermocline. Watched for about 3-4 minutes... Spoke to my diving buddies who have been diving for five days already, they seen them on 3 separate dives. Also, the DM said, this year it's definitely better than the last. In 2016, he only saw 3 during the whole season.

Hope to see a few more, I'm diving here until 8/28... Good luck to you too:wink:

I saw this guy (below) at 144' (44m), the deepest dive I ever done in 30 August 2012, as shown in the date stamp, during full moon, in Crystal Bay, being cleaned by a couple of a dinner plate size Emperor Anglefish. So, you can imagine how big the Mola Mola is.

IMG_5084.JPG

WOW!
This is exciting!
I love diving Bali.
I think it's very under rated.
Bang for buck its real hard to beat.

Bingo!!
Thanks to all at Gekko Dive Bali for showing us this magnificent fish today. Going back for more tomorrow.IMG_3392.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom