2017 Mola Spotting in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crystal Bay.
92 feet
I didn't glance at the temp.
I'd guess around 72-75 f.

Reactions: Dan
Dived Crystal Bay four times in July this year. Saw molamola on the first two dives (9 July), none on the next two (12 and 13 July).

Last edited:
Bingo!!
Thanks to all at Gekko Dive Bali for showing us this magnificent fish today. Going back for more tomorrow.View attachment 424763
Was nice to meet you and your wife, Brett. (I was on the same boat the day we went to Gili Selang 2 days ago, talked about Tawali).

Back to the topic, still with Geko Dive Padang Bai and expert guide Made :
Mola on Crystal bay on august 29th depth 39m water temp around 23°C, current quite strong.
Mola on Gili Tepekong yesterday on august 31st, was that biiiig and extatic I could almost touch it, 27m water temp 24°C, almost no current.

I even got proofs...

36788326732_3b61f502ce_c.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice to meet you, Luko.
Traveling mercies to you .
We saw mola molas again in crystal bay today. Not sure if we saw four molas-- or two molas twice.
We saw the first one early in the first dive. The cold upwelling seemed far up into the bay close to where we began our dive. Molas were at about 100 feet.
The proof: IMG_3479.JPG

Last edited:
Great shot Luko!!! Never got so close to mola:(

Our mola2 spotting is over for the year. Out of 18 dives, we saw mola2 on 3 dives-- all at Crystal Bay.
We were the first divers in the water this morning at Crystal Bay, but no mola today.
Thanks to Cedric, Liv, James , and Komang at Gekko Dive-- your hospitality and professionalism is second to none. After a long surface interval at Ubud & some babi guling, its back to Arkansas....

From my friend who's a DM at 2 Fish. This photo was taken 3 days ago. I am sooooo jealous!

IMG_4475.JPG

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom