Estate Sale Finds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robpiat

Registered
Reaction score
So I went to an estate sale today and ended up filling my car up with gear.

I need some help determining the viability of some of this stuff. Its pretty awesome to find an estate sale of someone that is your oddball size and height and has the same hobbies (Fly fishing, SCUBA, and Reloading / Shooting)

There is a Beuchat drysuit in the photos that I am not sure is really practical to put any money into. I would love to hear some feedback. It definitely would need the seals replaced and its pretty heavy, fleece lined.

Also some bigun tanks. I think two LP120s and a double set of LP100s? The 120s have a Y valve.

There was also a dive rite and halcyon wing. Both look massive to me but I suppose with those tanks you need it.

Also a vintage DR canister light. I ma seeing if the SLA battery is viable.

eDCeMnC.jpg

rYjdn1e.jpg

m71jDoQ.jpg

sndxQea.jpg

Y3H2i2n.jpg

Gd4lfJK.jpg

eBqqT8l.jpg

TAw1Erx.jpg

BQ3NXQ5.jpg

The wetsuit in the photo was new with tags and fits me. Also there was a fleece lined "boat jacket"

I kinda feel like a found a antique car in a barn :wink:

Nice find. The dive rite wings are a duel bladder for diving wet. The dive rite canister and light head are the same ones I've been using for cave diving for 17 years. A local battery store should be able to replace the battery. And Dive Rite here in Lake City can update to LED the light head.

Nice finds! How much did you spend for it all, if you don't mind saying? Just curious.

The best scuba diving garage sale find I've heard of was someone who got a full Apeks reg setup for something like $20.

Those y valves aren't made anymore...very cool

It's hard to say because I got an equal amount of reloading stuff and two pairs of waders. Total it was $140 but not sure how to break it up.

Is the drysuit worth tinkering? Is it possible to make that a led can light with 18650

It's hard to say because I got an equal amount of reloading stuff and two pairs of waders. Total it was $140 but not sure how to break it up.

Is the drysuit worth tinkering? Is it possible to make that a led can light with 18650

Oh, heavens, the gun stuff adds up! :) You got one heck of a deal!

The drysuit needs new seals, but you could glue those on yourself if you're a DIY type. I'd put the suit on and get in a pool to see what sort of leaks there are, especially with the zipper. Replacing zipper is the most expensive part.

Nice haul.
You could put $400-$500 into new seals and a zipper, if needed, and have a good drysuit to use or sell.

Everything I see is good quality stuff. At least half those items are worth more than $140 each. I actually currently dive that wetsuit (original Henderson hyperstretch) in a 7mm and love it. If the dry suit fits definitely save it.
I hate you. :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom