For Sale Dive rite canister light SOLD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robpiat

Registered
Reaction score
This is an older dive rite canister. I tried charging the battery but it does not work. Not sure if it's the lamp or the ballast. Anyways I don't think it makes sense for me to pursue this so I am selling it cheap to someone who might want to turn it into a led platform. The battery was slow to charge but I did get it to 12.5 volts or so

$125 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_1109.JPG
    IMG_1109.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1110.JPG
    IMG_1110.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1112.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 75
This is an older dive rite canister. I tried charging the battery but it does not work. Not sure if it's the lamp or the ballast. Anyways I don't think it makes sense for me to pursue this so I am selling it cheap to someone who might want to turn it into a led platform. The battery was slow to charge but I did get it to 12.5 volts or so

$125 shipped.
Can you give me the dimensions of the canister. Plus do you use Paypal for payment.

I'll take it for 125.00 if you handle shipping cost. And all I want is canister and lid plus manual....dont need battery or anything else.

If he does not want the lighthead, I'll pitch in enough to cover shipping for both if I get just the head and cord.

I'll take it for 125.00 if you handle shipping cost. And all I want is canister and lid plus manual....dont need battery or anything else.

I am planning on using the canister for PLB so it has to be water tight. So if cord is removed is it still water proof?

Might be easier to use the old lid as a reference and have a new one made without any holes.

Might be easier to use the old lid as a reference and have a new one made without any holes.

I would remove the gland and the switch and take them to ace hardware or a fastener shop and find a short bolt with the same threads then just seal them up as plugs. Worst case you drill/tap both holes for whatever size plug you want to use. I think machining a new lid would make this cost prohibitive.

Back
Top Bottom