Annual Diver Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob'o

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Diving insurance that covers dive related accidents + Lost/Stolen Equipment

Recommendations on dive insurers Good or Bad based on experience

www.diveassure.com Looks OK dont have any experience with them tho

Why not dan

Does your homeowners / renters not cover your equipment? You need a better insurance agent.

For Dive Accident, I would go with DAN.

For dive travel insurance that ALSO has liveaboard riders or just dive travel insurance, go Dive Assure. They automatically couple dive accident insurance with it but if you call instead, they can remove the dive accident and just do the dive travel with or without the liveaboard rider for less money.

I have broken the differences between the two in great detail in a few threads on scubaboard if you do a search. In general, Dive Assure is more encompassing about covering sunk costs that are non-refundable for a diver especially when it comes to dive specific bookings like liveaboards and day trips, including weather or medical reasons which may cause lost dives or cancellation. Also, with the liveaboard rider which DAN does not offer, it covers things like broken air compressors, another passenger getting DCS and changing plans which results in cancelled dives, etc., among many other things.

I carry DAN Guardian at all times since I travel to remote places for liveaboards often. I also carry GeoBlue traveler's medical for non-diving coverage since DAN limits this; I usually buy $1M and $0 deductible which covers pre-existing conditions. At 31, it's extremely affordable. Lastly, if I have a lot of non-refundable costs, complicated itineraries, or am going on a high value trip, or am on a liveaboard, I always buy Dive Assure with liveaboard rider as necessary.

I'm starting a DM intern in October and plan to stay on phi phi island Thailand for about 6 months my travel insurance includes scuba diving up to 50m for just under £140 but wasn't sure weather to remove the sports option -£40 and get a separate insurance just for diving ??

If you want to start working as a PRO, you will need a diving insurance that is accepted by PADI (If you are going for PADI)
Make sure you check that, so you wont have additional costs later

@Rob'o. Before your DM cert becomes live, you will need liability insurance for the area you are registered in.

FDor example - two of us certified in Dubai. My status became live instantly because my home address is registered as Dubai, my friend whose home is registered in Scotland needed Liability insurance before his status became live.

Unless you have insurance suitable the country of your registered address you won't be placed into teaching status

If you are going to work in Thailand then also best check with them too because different countries have different rules

I'm starting a DM intern in October and plan to stay on phi phi island Thailand for about 6 months my travel insurance includes scuba diving up to 50m for just under £140 but wasn't sure weather to remove the sports option -£40 and get a separate insurance just for diving ??

Check the fine print to see if it covers you under professional scope. Some policies explicitly state it and have different degrees of what they consider professional or not. You should also check what the maximum coverage is for said scuba diving. DAN's top plan, Guardian, is $500K per occurrence. No depth limit. Hopefully it never occurs! :)

@Rob'o. Before your DM cert becomes live, you will need liability insurance for the area you are registered in.

FDor example - two of us certified in Dubai. My status became live instantly because my home address is registered as Dubai, my friend whose home is registered in Scotland needed Liability insurance before his status became live.

Unless you have insurance suitable the country of your registered address you won't be placed into teaching status

If you are going to work in Thailand then also best check with them too because different countries have different rules

Who provides your professional liability insurance while you are living in UAE?

Back
Top Bottom