Advice for Training and Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've done all our SM training out of Cozumel Marine World, and they are fantastic...All our CZM trips go through them. Great bunch of folks!!

Go to Mexico. Go see the Go Sidemount guys, go see Natalie Gibb at Under the Jungle, or go see Patrick Widmann at Protec. Steve designed the Razor, he's Go Sidemount. Patrick designed the xDeep. Patrick is obviously very into the xDeep stuff, but he'll teach you in whatever you bring. They're all excellent instructors and very accomplished divers and explorers.

When I do the math, it seems that the capacities you are reporting for LP tank overfills are based on ideal gas behavior. Doesn't compressibility at those higher pressures make a difference that is big enough that you'd really want to account for it in your gas planning? I.e. an LP104 actually holds less than 145 and an LP121 really holds less than 165? In both cases, is it not enough less that you'd want to plan your gas based on the "real" capacity instead of the ideal capacity?

@Doby45 - Yup! I second that. I usually go over 4000 as well and so far *knock on wood*, no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom