Rear view mirror

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like your very cool mirror Andrew....thanks.

That was where I got nearly all of my miscellaneous gear such as my dive knife, goodie bag, weight mold, speargun, fish stringer, etc. My Aqua-Craft stainless buckle is my weight belt buckle of choice

I still have, and sometime use, my AC backpack. I don't know if they were the first to have a fabric cam band, but it was the first one I saw. Yes, this backpack will work quite well with a wing if the Scuba Police decided you had to have one.

Aquacraft backpack rt.jpg
Aquacraft backpack front.jpg
Aquacraft backpack rt.jpg
Aquacraft backpack front.jpg

Modeled and 3D printed bungee adapter for it.

I have a question for you about the 3D printing. Conversations I've had with the 3D printers available near me seem to suggest that the resin is more-or-less water soluble - not that it will dissolve immediately, but that it will break down over time and does so at an accelerated rate when submerged. Have you experienced any such issues? If so, how long do you find the housing lasts? If not, what type of resin does your printer use?

I`m using ABS plastic (used for automotive trim components, automotive bumper bars, enclosures for electrical and electronic assemblies, protective headgear, luggage and protective carrying cases etc.) I have no statistics on this question yet, however couple of Russian 3D makers tested their products outdoors within 2 years. They say that the main reason for loss of durability (and color) not water, but UV radiation of the sun.

Hi guys.
I found out that in a drysuit it is a little difficult to me to control buddy. It is necessary to turn all over.
My wife likes to hang out by my tank. This would be perfect!!! Right now I very regularly give the OK sign and she reaches forward and gives me the OK sign so I can see. This mirror would cut my OK questions by probably a third or more. Now I need to find a kid to show me how to use the printers at the library.

I found one that worked for me while it lasted. I would place it in my right forearm and would use it to occasionally keep an eye on divers above or behind. It worked; however, it was made with poor quality materials and it did not survive but 40 dives or so.

Then we tried an emergency mirror which also succumbed to salt water conditions in no time.

The key here would be to find a good quality mirror that can withstand the elements and mounted on a durable frame that can facilitate its use.

Ricardo

Thanks Sam. I can take credit for this one. The head mounted go pro camera was giving me trouble.

I couldn’t always hear the beeps and got tired of asking everyone “is the red light on”? so I made something to allow me to instantly check on the cameras status. Should work well for checking for your buddy and I have also heard that some solo scuba divers find it works well for performing a bubble check on the first stage(s).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom